{•XIII•}

{•Lynette•}

I sat on the steps of the alter as I watched Genevieve work nearby.

Her husband, James, watched as well to help with any supplies.

She had a small cauldron boiling nearby as she made the potion I had to drink.

I pursed my lips as I held the pocketwatch in my hand, which I had around my neck with a chain.

Its not my old necklace... But its still something special to me....

I shifted a bit, taking a deep breath as I fidgeted with the fabric of my dress.

(Picture: Example of Lynette's current dress)

"You're nervous.... I can tell," Genevieve said as she worked over Remington's body.

"I mean, I have a right to be... Don't I?" I asked.

"True... However, I'm confident with our results thus far..." she said.

I took a deep breath and looked over at the potion as it boiled under a

"What did you say was in the potion again?" I asked.

"Well, main ingredient is the fresh ashes of the stake used to kill Remington, which thankfully Sebastian managed to take when he went back for him," She said, holding a bowl full of black burnt ashes. "I already had it thrown in before micing in the rest."

I gulped and nodded as she continued.

"Aside from that it's also made of different herbs mostly.... lily petals, rose of Jericho, hawthorn, aloe.... Also crow's blood, cinnabar, River Styx water I had stored for a rainy day, and a sacred underwater plant from Mesopotamian lore... Don't ask how I obtained it, it was not easy," she said. "All known ingredients known to influence and fuel immortality and longevity.... Also some red wine."

"Red wine?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Helps benefit the heart, dead or alive.... And masks the foul taste," she said. "Crow's blood isn't exactly appetizing."

I gulped nervously at the concoccion as she stirred it, hugging my legs a bit.

"And if I take that, and then give Remington my blood.... It'll bring him back?" I asked.

"As stated in the grimoire where the ritual is documented, yes," she said, looking over. "We make an incision in your arm and let the blood flow into his mouth."

I took a deep breath, trying to relax my nerves.

"Sebastian will be at your side, and we will all be keeping an eye on everything," Genevieve assured. "James will even be nearby to help you both."

I gulped and nodded, seeing her softly chant and hovering her hands, which were glowing and causing Remington's body to glow a little less than before.

"What are you doing to him?" I asked curiously, standing up and walking over.