Chapter 27: Cursed

Maya awoke form her meditation with a small gasp.

She was met by a minor god who jumped up, seeing his idol infront of him.

"How long have you been here?" Chandra asked.

"A few hours, but don't worry! I am not in a hurry!" He squeaked.

"What brings you here?"

"Well, you see, I have to collect some information to be stored away safely, soo, I was wondering maybe you could tell me about all the curses and boons you have."

Chandra smiled at the child who immediately took out pieces of parchment and a pen.

"Listen closely, I will only say everything once."

Chandra chased after the demons who took shelter in the house of a sage.

The goddess released her spear which wouldn't return unless the task given to it has been completed.

The sage stood infront of the entrance protecting the demons and was unfortunately in the way of the spear.

The scream of the sage was followed by the ones of the demons. The chaos fell on the ears of the sage's wife who ran back to her home, only to find her husband's dead body.

Chandra arrived at the scene and asked for forgiveness.

In the heat of the moment, the woman cursed the goddess. "The way I have lost my husband today, you will lose yours as well."

Chandra bowed to the woman as she spoke. "I accept your curse." Before vanishing.

...

Chandra, deep in her penance was interrupted by Akash, followed by Surya.

"Chandra!" Akash gasped for air as he paused before continuing. "That-he-"

"Calm down, I'll go." She vanished as Surya gave a glass of water to the sky god.

The goddess arrived at the scene to find the gods and demons fighting over the pot of Amrit.

She slightly changed her appearance making her form even more beautiful than before as she walked over to the quarreling groups.

"Why don't I distribute it?" She asked sweetly.

The demons, filled with lust seeing the goddess immediately handed the pot to her. She made the gods sit on one side and the demons to sit on the other side.

She distributed the amrit amongst the gods but didn't pay attention to the demon who had snuck into the god's side.

Akash sent his chakram which beheaded the demon as Chandra turned to the demons. "You all aren't worthy of a single drop of amrit."

The divine gods were stopped by Shukracharya, the teacher of the demons. "This is trickery! You promised amrit to both sides! This is a grave insult to us demons! I curse you both that when your powers leave, they will leave behind their memories!"

Chandra, with a heavy heart sharply responded. "We weren't the ones who tricked the other group. One of your demons sat in the gods line to get the amrit first."

The teacher looked at the body of the demon which was still alive as Rahuketu had already consumed the nectar of immortality.

"Then I shall soften my curse, though your powers will leave behind their memories, they will get them back and reunite with you." He blessed as the two bowed.

"As for you." Chandra turned to Rahuketu's floating head and body. "Your head will be at the very start of the solar system in the form of the planet Rahu and your body will be at the end of the solar system in the form of the planet Ketu."

"You can never be reconnected and neither will your body be able to function." Akash added. "Your head will be useless with your heart and your body will be useless without your brain."

...

The boy scribbled down everything, not really paying attention to the actual meaning of the curses.

Chandra bid the boy goodbye as he left.

Time skip

On Earth, it had been weeks since Maya had left, Shiva was busy helping Krutika remember her memories while Zuko was missing the girl terribly.

He went to Dwarka to meet Shiva.

"How can I bring Maya back?" The Firelord stormed into the empty court where only Shiva and Krutika were.

"She's not Maya currently." Krutika told. "She's in the form of Chandra."

"So how can I find her?"

"The only way to summon a god is.." Shiva's voice lowered.

"A penance?"

"Usually that would be the correct answer." Shiva sighed. "But not this time."

"You must head North-east to find his temple." Krutika told Zuko. "It will be a lot easier to please Chandra if you call her from his temple."

"Whose temple?"

"Just head North-east. There you will find a small settlement with a temple in the centre." Krutika urged as she started to push him out of the room. "Take Snow with you, he will drop you off."

The confused Firelord climbed onto the dragon who took off. Within a few hours, Snow landed in the middle of nowhere as Zuko got off.

The dragon looked at him one last time before flying back into the blue sky, leaving the firebender behind.

____________________________

Amrit- elixir of immortality