Chapter 13: The attack

Maya's eyes darted to the sky as a flaming ball flew towards them.

Shiva sent out a chakram as it hit, causing the ball to miss the temples and fall on the buildings nearby.

...

Kamala saw Shiva's weapon hit the canonball and realised that the two were at the palace. She furiously stormed to her husband and scolded him for lying.

The people gathered at the windows to see what was going on.

A train of fire followed as Maya released her spear. It flew into the sky and disappeared over the mountains.

A loud bang echoed in the nation as the spear returned to her.

The two changed the course of the fireballs and guided them to the houses, avoiding the temples as much as they could.

Fury rose in the goddess's mind as she teleported to the other side of the mountains.

Shiva knew there was no calming her as he extinguished the fires with a snap of his fingers.

The smoke dissolved as his eyes widened in horror.

The great sculptures and architecture of the majestic nation was in ruins. He could hear the cries and wails of the citizens who could clearly see the condition of their home.

...

The fire nation airship, which was in ruins due to Maya's spear floated on the surface of the great ocean.

Maya's sharp hearing caught the cries of her people which added fuel to to her fury.

With one motion, the airship was pulled to the shore by the goddess. The soldiers pooled out as the gods watched in fear from the clouds.

The soldiers attacked the princess but the fire refused to damage her flawless skin. It bounced off the princess and burnt to firebenders.

Shiva arrived next to Maya as his chakram killed two of the fire benders.

They divided their soul and made copies of themselves as they massacred the entire fleet.

One of the soldiers begged for mercy as Maya's anger died down. She looked down at him as he cried, pleading for his life. He hadn't known that he was being sent to attack Dhanloka, he was instead told he was taking trade materials to the nation. Maya squatted down infront of him as she spoke, her voice serious. "If you tell me everything you know, I shall spare you."

The man nodded aggressively as she helped him up. Shiva, drenched in blood, came near as Maya instructed him to interrogate to man.

He introduced himself as Mako, he was 23 and engaged to a woman from the earth kingdom.

Mako shivered under the intense gaze of the divine beings as Shiva took him away.

Maya asked for Samudradev to appear infront of her. The god bowed to the girl as she ordered him to give proper burials to the soldiers so they could depart for the afterlife.

The citizens were transported to the palace until the city was rebuilt. Mako truthfully told the princess everything, not wanting to meet the same fate as the rest of the soldiers.

The second Mako told her that it was Roku who had ordered them to come here to 'trade'. Maya released him immediately.

She had a feeling that Roku was the one behind this and Mako had confirmed her suspicions.

She felt angry at Zuko for blindly trusting his minister without a thought.

She decided to cut off all ties with the outside world until the country was back in shape.