Chapter 6: Team Avatar

Maya walked out of her room as she saw Iroh scrambling somewhere.

"May I know what you are doing?" Maya asked.

Iroh's body went rigid as he hadn't expected Maya to be behind him.

"Nothing, nothing at all, your highness." Iroh assured. "But if I recall correctly, Zuko had requested you to meet him." Iroh smiled. "In the royal gardens."

Maya left for the gardens but was met by Zuko in the hallways.

"Morning princess." Zuko greeted.

"I thought you were waiting for my in the gardens?"

"What? No, I was about to come to your room to meet you."

Maya sighed as she realised that Iroh had lied. "Anyways, we should probably head to the asylum."

Time skip

Maya let Azula out of the restraints as the princess agreed to her conditions.

"You shall be allowed out of the asylum without these restraints." Maya threw them away. "Nor shall anyone question my decision."

Azula tried to escape but her body gave up, making her fall down.

"But if you try to break the rules, your body shall not co-operate." Maya squatted down.

She touched the princess' arm as Azula gained control over her body.

"Talk to Ozai, and if you hide something from me, you shall return here." Maya smiled as she opened the door.

Azula grumbled but followed Maya's order which caught Zuko by surprise.

They reached at the royal prison as Azula asked Maya to leave her and Ozai alone to talk.

Zuko refused but Maya agreed.

"What are you doing?" Zuko hissed in Maya's ear as Azula went inside the cell.

"Making sure Ozai tells her everything." Maya innocently smiled.

"Why are you always so calm about everything?" Zuko asked.

"Why should I be angry?"

Zuko opened his mouth but closed it back, not knowing how to respond.

"Anger blocks out rational thinking. And if rational thinking stops, the human makes wrong decisions ultimately causing his downfall." Maya explained.

Zuko nodded as he engraved her words into his mind.

Zuko walked out of the prison and returned with tea.

"What are you doing?" Maya questioned as he went inside.

"They're still my family."

Azula's head snapped in Zuko's direction as she bit the tray and pulled it out of his hands.

The hot tea spilled on the Firelord as Maya rushed next to him. Maya saw a burns starting to form on his arm as she lightly touched the burn which immediately vanished.

"You said that we would get to talk in peace!" Azula shouted at the princess.

Azula jumped at the princess who grabbed her throat. "Do not test my patience Azula." Maya warned.

Maya threw the princess on the floor as Ty Lee rushed in due to the commotion followed by Suki.

"Ah, my old friend Ty Lee." Azula spoke.

Maya shot a warning glare at the princess who shut up.

Ty Lee saw the princess of Dhanloka and immediately squealed in delight. "So pretty!" She gasped.