Chapter 9: reunion with Azula

Maya and Shiva stood infront of the gang as they all talked about random things. But they seemed to have their attention elsewhere.

Sokka waved his hand infront of the two's face as they gazed at the massive mango tree. About to shake the two to get their attention back Sokka reached towards them the but a loud screech fell on their ears.

Shiva pushed Sokka out of the way as Maya immediately summoned her spear and threw it in the direction of the sound.

The golden spear shined brightly in the sunlight before disappearing into the vegetation.

Maya and Shiva went near as the boy pulled out a humanoid creature.

It had bulging eyes and stomach with its skin tinted a brownish red colour. It had short limbs and horns twisted in weird patterns. Maya's spear was embedded deep in its chest as it thrashed around like a fish out of water.

Shiva worriedly turned to Maya who had an unreadable expression on her face.

"I didn't think it would start this soon.." Shiva whispered.

Maya saw the rest approaching them as Shiva took the creature away.

"What was that?" Aang peeked into the bushes hoping to find the cause of such a disturbing sound.

"Nothing. There is nothing to fear about for now." Maya smiled. "It was just.." Maya's voice died down as a 'maid' rushed out. "Your highness! Firelord Zuko! You have a letter."

Zuko went into the palace followed by the rest of the gang. Maya waited for them to go as the maid turned into Shiva.

"How are they here?" Shiva mumbled. "They weren't supposed to be here for the next three years."

"Let's keep this between us for now. They won't try any funny buisness anytime soon."

Maya held out her hand and the golden spear flew into it and vanished.

Shiva nodded as Zuko and the rest returned.

"We need to leave for the fire nation immediately." Zuko told them in a serious voice. "Young children are being kidnapped by some spirits called the kamurakage."

"You all go ahead without us. We have something to take care of." Maya walked towards the palace. "I shall tell the servants to prepare for your departure."

Shiva saw Zuko slightly slump forward in disappointment as he chuckled. "Mr. Loverboy? You alright?"

Zuko's face immediately flushed red when he realised that Shiva had called him loverboy.

Time skip

The gang left as Maya and Shiva went into meditation to contact the rest of the gods.

They projected onto clouds as the nearby demigod bowed to them. "What brings you both here? There is still time before you return."

"We came across an asura in the natural world. They weren't supposed to come for the next three years." Shiva informed.

"Brahmadev had granted them a boon for their tapasya. I suppose that is the reason."

Maya nodded as the two returned to they mortal bodies.

The incarnates opened their eyes and were met with Zuko. "How did you to survive for that long?"

Shiva realised that the two of them had gone to brahmalok where time was a lot slower.

"There's a problem." Zuko told them. "Mai's brother, TomTom got kidnapped by spirits."

Shiva decided to stay back to record the asura sightings as Maya went with the Firelord.