Chapter 8: Shiva

Maya was greeted by Zuko who seemed to be in an extremely good mood.

"What's with that face?" Maya asked.

"Thank you."

"Have you lost your mind?" Maya furrowed her eyebrows.

"No!" Zuko looked offended.

"Why are you smiling so much then?"

"Because you reunited me with my mother." Zuko answered. "Ask me for anything, I promise you, I will give it to you."

Maya thought for a second before speaking. "Remember this promise, I will ask for what I want some other time."

Time skip

Maya stood at the balcony as a hawk landed infront of her. It held out its foot as Maya untied the letter from its foot.

Recognising the handwriting which belonged to her father, she smiled and began to read the letter.

Zuko came from behind as he peeked over her shoulder. "What's that?"

"My father is hosting a yagya, in hopes to make sure that the nation thrives. He has called me back."

Zuko slightly frowned at the idea of Maya going away. "When will you be going?"

"Tomorrow morning." Maya answered.

Time skip

Zuko looked like a child who had his favourite toy taken from him. Katara and Aang asked if the Firelord was missing the princess who had left a few hours prior.

"N-no. I was just-" Zuko tried to think of a reason. "Fine." He gave up. "I miss her."

"But you saw her a few hours ago?" Aang asked. "How do you miss her so soon?"

"I don't know."

....

Maya entered the palace as her mother greeted her warmly. "Come darling! The rituals are about to start."

The goddess watched over her kingdom as she promised to herself. "I shall not let anything happen to them for as long as my bloodline lives."

Time skip

Maya sat with the ministers as her eyes fell on a boy who seemed to be about her age.

"That's Shiva. I heard he's the son of the prime minister." Krutika, a daughter of one of the council members told Maya. "He's a real charmer."

Maya gazed at the boy as he caught her eye and smiled at her.

Maya raised an eyebrow as her blue eyes snapped to Krutika's direction.

"My, my.." Maya whispered.

Time skip

The princess stood in the balcony as she heard footsteps approaching. "Your highness." She heard Shiva.

"Shiva." Maya spoke. "How would you like for me to address you?"

"Anyhow." Shiva walked closer. "Being in the divine presence of yours is enough for me."

Maya turned to him. "Friend."

Shiva felt honoured to be considered a friend by the supreme goddess.

"I find you intriguing." Maya told Shiva as he didn't know how to respond.

Time skip

A few days passed as Zuko started to miss Maya terribly. The gang then decided to meet Maya.

They arrived at Dhanloka as Appa landed infront of the stables and was immediately greeted by the servants who took him inside.

They tried to find the princess but to no avail.

The king saw that the gang had come as he went to greet them. "Welcome back. Are you perhaps looking for my daughter?"

Zuko nodded as Ashok gave him the directions to the balconies. 

Zuko found Maya talking with another boy. He seemed to be a year or two older than her. He had tan skin, amber eyes and black hair with a strand of gold. He wore shades of yellow and orange that complemented his eyes. He was lean and quite good looking.

Maya turned to Zuko as she smiled at him. "Why are you standing at the door? Come here." She invited.

Zuko approached the two as the male introduced himself. "It is an honor to meet you Firelord Zuko. I am Shiva, son of the prime minister of Dhanloka. Maya has told me a lot about you."

The slight jealousy in Zuko vanished when he heard the last sentence.

"Why don't you come with us?" Sokka appeared out of nowhere.

"My apologises, but my job is here within the nation itself, if I wish to become a prime minister, I must know everything about my subjects." Shiva slightly bowed.

"Then what about you? Aren't you coming?" Sokka asked Maya.

"What am I going to do there?" Maya cross questioned. "I have helped you to find Zuko's mother. What other problems do you have?"

Zuko felt slightly distant to Maya as he as he started to believe that Maya just wanted to solve their problems.

Maya immediately understood what Zuko was feeling as she spoke up. "Firelord Zuko, why don't you meet me at the gardens at twilight?"

Time skip

Maya sat on her favourite seat as she watched the sunset. The second the sun disappeared, Zuko reached.

"How disappointing, you missed the sunset."

"Please, answer me." Zuko pleaded.

"I shall try."

"Do you really just want to solve our problems?" Zuko asked.

"Of course." Maya answered. "I have come to solve everyone's problems."

"Then what about yours?"

"I simply don't have them."

Zuko was taken aback by her answer as he asked her to elaborate.

"Zuko, I was brought into the world to be a blessing, I should be the one who destroys problems not the one who creates them."

Maya payed close attention to what she said and what she kept to herself. She knew when to tell him about her true status.

She slightly fast-forward the time to about midnight.

"It's almost midnight, we should head to bed."

Zuko, confusedly looked up to see the moon over head. "It's already midnight..?" He mumbled as he left slightly disheartened.

"Praised to be the supreme." Maya heard as Shiva walked up to her. "Why is it already midnight?"

"Of course, you aren't affected by it." Maya sighed as the boy grinned.

"Oh princess, I am not a ordinary human like them."

"I know."