Chapter 11: Kiyi

The next day Maya, Shiva and the rest left Dhanloka.

Shiva travelled around the world as he knew the demons ought to start showing up again.

Maya and the rest went to the fire nation. Zuko kept distance between him and the princess as he was slightly embarassed about last night and he didn't want anything to happen infront of his minister.

The group luckily reached without much hassle as they quickly bid Roku goodbye.

Maya, Zuko, Aang, Mai and Kei Lo went to the place where the fire nation siblings had fought.

They continued to look for the children when Maya found an entrance to a graveyard.

Maya saw a metal door nearby as Zuko got the hint.

He was about to blast the door open but Maya stopped him. She knocked on the door and heard the jumbled voices of many children.

Her and Aang instructed the kids to move away from the door as the firebenders burnt a hole in the metal.

Maya secretly sped up the cooling of the metal as the kids rushed out, avoiding the edges.

"Doll! Zuzu!" Kiyi ran out and hugged to two.

Tom Tom, Mai's brother also followed behind and went to his sister.

The group safely returned the kids back to their homes. Mai thanked the three as they left.

Aang went to find Katara, he bid the two goodbye as the fire nation palace came into view.

Kiyi, who was sleeping in Maya's arms was awakened by her mother who thanked the princess.

The young girl pleaded that the princess stay with them but Maya tried to make her understand that she also had a nation to take care of.

The blue eyed girl turned to the Firelord, hoping that he would make his sister understand but he instead took her side.

"Just for a few days..?" He also asked.

Maya sighed as she agreed.

Kiyi happily clapped as they all went into the palace.

Time skip

Maya was sitting on a swing with Kiyi putting flowers in her hair. Zuko joined as he tried to make a flower crown for the princess.

She saw the Firelord struggling as she went closer to him. Holding his hands, she guided him as he successfully made it.

Zuko gave the crown to Kiyi who happily showed it to Ursa who had come to take her to sleep.

Maya sat near a flowering bush as she started to make another crown, following suit, Zuko sat next to her.

He copied the way her fingers weaved the white and yellow flowers together. Unconsciously, Maya slightly leaned onto the Firelord's shoulder as she attached the blooming fire lilies into the crown.

Zuko matched the shades of the flowers with Maya's clothes while the princess matched them with his eyes.

After they finished Maya put the crown on the Firelord to see if it fit while Zuko did the same.

The complete privacy they had, the close proximity between them and the growing feelings for each other made the two lean in.

Centimetres apart, Maya was pulled out of her daze as she saw a vision.

Standing on the battle field with Zuko, Shiva and the rest of that gang, Maya saw the asuras infront of her.

She pulled her head away but before Zuko could question her, he saw the expression on her face.