Chapter 45: We The People

Third Person

Athena took long strides into the large house where she was to meet her uncles and sister.

The large house was much more empty than last time. There were no 'servants' in the house, it was only those with the Suzuki name.

Athena was quick to notice the meeting-like set up they had in the dining room where they ate last time.

The atmosphere seemed almost formal and professional rather than welcoming like family visits should be.

Everyone in the same seats as well.

"There she is!" Ace grinned at the sight of his niece, glad to see her. Issey also smiled in greeting.

Daitan stared up at the newcomer with distaste, obviously showing her dismay of the whole situation.

But Daitan didn't hate the whole vigilante idea, she just hated that Athena was the one in the so called 'leader' position.

She watched her younger sister take a seat at the end of the table. Her slim figure hiding underneath her baggy and dark clothes, and under those same clothes was where her katana was most likely resting as well.

Although Daitan felt a strong hatred towards her sister, she would never admit that she also respected her abilities and talent. That's also the reason why she didn't argue about Athena being the one to take the spot she wanted.

"How have you been?" Issey tilted his head as he inspected his niece, looking for any sort of injuries or signs of discomfort.

Athena wanted to get to the point, but she decided it would be best to ease into it, for all of their sake.

"I've been good. Still top of my class." A smirk evident in her tone which caused Daitan to scoff, the cockiness not something she enjoyed hearing from her.

But the two uncles just smiled, almost proudly at the news.

"I expected nothing less from our little genius." Ace grinned at Athena.

"Psh, yeah. Our little genius." Daitan's sarcastic tone made Athena smile.

"It's nice to see you too, Big Sis." Athena grinned happily, telling the truth but her enthusiasm made it seem like she was faking her sincerity.

Daitan ignored her words and huffed out a heavy breath, resting her chin on the back of her hand with her elbow on the table.

"Let's just skip the introductions. Did you decide?" Daitan looked over to her sister.

Issey and Ace were interested in her reply.

All eyes on Athena yet again.

The young girl looked at her family, from Daitan, to Issey, and finally Ace.

The voice of her dear uncle ran through her head. His words reminding her of a few reasons she made her decision

Her mind went to her current life in UA.

"My life at UA is going great, fantastic even." She started as she stared thoughtfully at the table in front of her.

The interest of the three others became visible as they watched her leaned back in the chair with a sigh.

"I love it there. The people, the lifestyle, the atmosphere... it's so comfortable and just different from what I've experienced throughout my life."

They all knew what she meant.

Living as an assassin, then juvie, then a shitty foster home.

They all knew what her life was, so they remained silent.