Chapter 39: Goodbye Stain

"Native, can you move?" Izuku asked the pro hero just as he stood up.

"Yeah, I think I'm as good as new now." The hero stood up with Izuku on his back.

"Are you sure?" Izuku asked again.

"I saw you hurt your leg back there. This is the least I can do."

"Thank you very much." Izuku smiled in relief and embarrassment, sweating slightly.

"I should be thanking you." The two started out the alleyway.

"We're lucky someone threw this in the dumpster." Shoto finished tying Stain up with a rope we found in the trash just a few minutes ago.

"Todoroki, I can drag him from here." Iida spoke to the boy as I used my quirk to lift the weapons Stain had as I followed Native and Izuku.

"Go ahead."

As we walked down the dark and quiet alley, Native spoke up. "I'm sorry for what happened back there. I'm supposed to be a pro and I was useless and did nothing to help."

"No. I don't think any one person can take the hero killer on." Izuku reassured him. "Not with that weird quirk of his. He's too strong."

"The four of us barely won against him and even then it was only because of his own mistakes. He was getting all desperate and riled up that he forgot about Midoriya's quick recovery time. And he wasn't able to block Iida's last Reciproburst or Midoriya's assault." Shoto spoke nothing but factual information.

"Right, let's get him to the police as fast as we can." Native spoke as he held Izuku on his back.

"What are you doing here, Boy!?" We all looked over to the new voice to see a short, old man in a yellow and white hero costume. His yellow cape almost too long for his body.

"Gran Torino! I was only—!" Izuku was cut off by the quick attack of the hero. His foot smashed into Izuku's face lightly.

He's fast.

He was across the street and then right in front of us in a blink of an eye.

"I told you to stay on the bullet train!" The old man yelled angrily at our friend causing me to laugh tiredly.

Like hell he would after seeing the city on fire.

"Who's this?" Shoto asked curiously as the man huffed in anger, seething at the green haired boy.

"Gran Torino. The hero I'm interning with." Izuku smiled sheepishly. "I don't get it. How'd you find us?"

"I was told to come here by someone else. I have no idea what's going on, but I'm glad your not dead at least." He was genuinely worried about him, which made me smile under the mask.

"Me too... and I'm sorry." Izuku bent his head down in an apology for disobeying him.

My eyes widened as I looked over to Iida.

He raised an eyebrow at my stare.

"Midnight is going to kill me!" I exclaimed with a small cry as I let my head fall back.

"Around the corner!" I heard a familiar voice yell. I shuffled behind Shoto, hiding from the pro hero that was approaching us.

"Endeavor told us there was a request for help here... but..." A pro trailed off as he stared at the situation, probably not what he had in mind.

"Children?" Another looked closer at our faces.

"Those injuries look bad. I'll call an ambulance right away."