Chapter 7: Deal

Okay, from now on, english will be in italics "like this" and Japanese will be in normal font, "like this." It's getting annoying switching. I have no idea what I was thinking using it in the first place 🙄
_____________________________________

I stared down at the admission papers Midnight had given me before I left her agency.

I agreed to give it a chance, but only if I keep my face covered.

I mean, if I get accepted, then I'll try my best. And if I don't, then I just go to another school.

If I'm accepted, the worst that can happen is that my identity is exposed, my emotional state worsens and I go all villain shit. The best that can happen is that I become a good hero and get to save people.

... and as for the mask, I already have a one.

It was an all white mask, covering my entire face. It wasn't flashy, but I liked it like that.

It's simple.

You couldn't see my eyes, but you could see the purple glow when I used my quirk. It actually looks cool. And there was only two holes for my eyes and no nose part sticking out or mouth piece.

I'm tired of constantly going behind Miss Shio's back. Having to hid every little thing because she's a bitch. I've decided to just ask her.

I've come up with a plan, which I'm not very proud of. But it is the easiest option and it's a risk I'm willing to take.

"She's here." Kai exclaimed as the kids ran up the stairs, knowing I wanted to talk to her alone.

I let out a breath, not wanting to do this.

This is a pain.

After a few moments, Miss Shio walked into the house. She was wobbling slightly, but I knew she wasn't completely out of her.

She has a high tolerance for alcohol.

"Oh shit." She giggled as she stumbled into the kitchen, almost tripping over her feet.

I slowly walked up to her, observing her closely. "Miss Shio?"

"What do you want, Suzuki?" She smirked over to me, raising an eyebrow curiously.

She's in a good mood. Let's keep it that way.

"I need you to sign this." I handed her the papers for U.A.

She took them and squinted down at them. She scoffed out a laugh. "U.A., huh? I thought I said you couldn't go."

I tilted my head in frustration, but didn't show it in my expression.

"If you do sign it, I won't complain about you keeping all the money from child services." I stated while sitting on a stool that was at the counter.

"But I already—."

"I won't complain, even if you take the money you give to me for groceries and clothes." I continued, making the woman too stunned to speak.

"What are you taking about?" Miss Shio stared at me with disbelief, clearly sobering up. "Are you trying to say you can take care of those kids by your self?"

"I will take care of that myself. You need a place to stay and a constant supply of money, that's the only reason you even took this job. You can keep all the money and I won't bother you for anything, but only if you sign my papers or any school related thing with no questions asked and if you don't bother the kids or myself again." I crossed my arms and stared directly into the older woman's eyes.