Chapter 32: Winners

As I walked through the hallways of the stadium, waiting for my opponent to be chosen.

It was either Bakugo or Tokoyami.

I can already guess who's going to win, considering Tokoyami's weakness.

It isn't hard to figure out.

His quirk is literally a shadow. Just like Daitan, it has to be weak against light.

"You certainly know how to make an impression, Athena-chan." I heard a familiar voice behind me.

I stopped walking at the sound of the voice.

My body stiffened slightly, knowing who it was.

I turned around to see the man from earlier. My father's brother, my uncle, Issey Suzuki.

He was quite tall, let's say about 6'2 and was muscular as well. He had on a loose black mid sleeve shirt with black loose jeans. His black combat boots also match him.

He was built the same as my father, maybe an inch of two taller.

But he had blue eyes while my father had red eyes, which Daitan also has.

I got my grey ones from my mother, as well as my black hair.

I was always told I looked more like my uncle than my father, which pissed him off a lot and he ended up killing anyone who said that.

It was a phrase that was forbidden and told to anyone who entered not to say.

"It's impressive. How far you've come since we last saw each other." He walked up to me slowly, taking long strides.

I gulped, but I kept my composer.

He put his hand under the chin of my mask. I grabbed his wrist, stopping him. Just like I did with Daitan.

"Hello, Uncle." He let me move his hand back down, not taking my mask off.

He chuckled at the sight, smirking down at me.

"You've grown some nerve too." He brought his hand back up and tried again. "But it only be this one time. I want to see what my niece has grown to look like."

He waited for an okay, pausing.

I sighed and didn't move to reject, so he took the sign as well as my mask.

He took the mask right off, making my hair tangle with the mask strap.

"Hey!" I exclaimed angrily and took the mask from him, keeping it on my head.

He laughed.

"You seem to have taken after me with the whole mask thing." He smiled, which weirded me out.

I never talked about him much because he never stood out.

Sure, we exchanged hellos everyday, but we never trained together. I never seen him without his mask on, and he was always quiet.

This is different. Is it because the circumstances are a lot different than they usually were?

Is this his real side?

"And you've grown up to be a fine young lady, Athena. I'm glad to see you doing so good."

"You're a lot different than I remember, Uncle Issey." It felt weird saying, but I couldn't help but use the affectionate term.

"Well, our family seems to be doing the best it's ever done thanks to you."

I looked up at him confused. He sighed at the look before explaining.