Chapter 34

-Sakura's POV-

The first thing I noticed upon waking up was that I wasn't lying down. Terror came through me when I realized I was sitting against someone and their arms were locked firmly, like steel, around my body to keep me in place. Flashes of how similar it felt just before Ino and Karin rescued me had my breath quickening as my eyes shot open.

I was in the downstairs bathroom. My head was resting against someone's shoulder as I sat sideways in between their legs so all I could see was their bare chest and arm. A headache was making my head pound and I tried to recall what happened last night, but couldn't remember anything after playing Spin The Bottle.

When I tried to carefully get out of their hold, the arms around me tightened and they stirred with a deep groan. That's when I realized I was in my bra and underwear and tears rose to my eyes. I brought my hands up to my chest in fists and tried to muster the strength to try and fight past this person, but my entire body was trembling and I couldn't bring myself to do it.

My eyes squeezed closed as the person sat up a little straighter before seeming to finally notice me.

"Hey, it's alright."

My eyes shot open as Sasuke's voice came from the person against me. He was speaking in a much softer and careful voice than usual, but it was definitely him.

I shakily moved back a bit to look at his face, and he removed his arms from around me so I could, before bursting into heavier tears and covering my mouth with my hand to muffle my sobs. Sasuke hesitantly raised a hand to try and comfort me and I shied away, struggling up to my feet so I could locate some clothes and I could leave this room.

My voice cracked as I tried to keep from offending him, "I'm sorry, but please don't touch me right now."

He got to his feet as well, stretching slightly before helping me look, "Don't apologize." The man was being a hundred percent understanding and it only stressed me out more for some reason.

I turned to face him as I wiped at my tears, "Why are we in here like this?" My voice was guarded because it was all I could do to keep an accusing tone from rising. I kept repeating "I can trust him" and "He'd never hurt me" in my head like a mantra.

He handed me a sweatshirt, obviously his from the night before, "We made out. I swear that's all we did."

"Where are my clothes? They aren't here."

He averted his gaze and made an uncomfortable face, "You kinda started taking them off out in the hall." The blood drained from my face and he put his hands up defensively, "Only Ino and my brother saw."

I felt defeated and embarrassed, but I believed him. Sitting the sweater aside, I washed my face in the sink before pressing my face into a towel and speaking with my voice muffled, "I'm sorry if I caused you any trouble."

"It was fun. I'm not complaining," his voice was more akin to his usual one as he responded.

With another sigh, I pulled the sweatshirt on over my head before wordlessly leaving the room. The dining room was an absolute mess. After locating my clothing in the hall and picking it up, I walked out with wide eyes. Konohamaru was passed out with his face drawn all over, and almost all of the twenty or so bottles of liquor were lying empty about the room.

With a shake of my head, I went upstairs, sensing Sasuke a few steps behind me. I froze in my footsteps when I opened the door to our room and saw Ino and Sai in bed. Ino was wearing the man's shirt, but he wasn't wearing a single item of clothing. Luckily, the blanket was just high enough to cover his private bits, but it was still a shock to the system.