Chapter 17

-Sakura's POV-

My eyes shot open with a start, and my body instinctively tried to sit up, but something swiftly landed across my chest to force me back down, and my hands instinctively shot up to grasp it.

The nightmare I'd been having was terrible, but now that I'd woken up, I couldn't recall what it was about or why it scared me so much. I panted for breath and quickly realized it was someone's arm across my chest. I turned my head to the side to see Sasuke lying next to me with a glare on his face, but it was directed at the ceiling rather than me.

A blazing headache suddenly cut through my head from temple to temple, and a cry of pain hissed past my lips, making me reach past his arm to press a hand between my eyes to try to lessen the throbbing. The warm limb slid from my grasp as he pulled it back to rest against the bed between us.

Through my migraine, I looked at his face again before recalling the last time I'd seen him and shooting upright. His arm came back across me, and I was, once again, pressed back against the bed. My brow furrowed as I looked over at him with confusion.

He finally turned his head to look at me, eyes angry and a frown on his lips, "Overexertion."

I took his response slowly before shaking my head, "How's your injury? Let me-" I moved to try and get up for a third time, but his glare hardened and stunned me into cutting off my words and ceasing my actions.

After getting over my initial shock at his odd reaction, my eyes narrowed, "What's with you? I just want to make sure you're healing properly." I pushed his arm off me and moved to sit on my knees beside him. When I reached for the blanket, his hand grabbed my wrist.

I gave him a look of disbelief, "S-Sasuke! Are you naked? Is that it?"

He shook his head, "No, I'm not naked," he sounded annoyed that I'd even consider asking him that.

My face warmed slightly as I tried to tear my wrist from his grasp, "What's your problem then?"

The Uchiha boy kept stopping me from helping. After a few more moments, we ended up wrestling until I finally ended up pinning his arms against his sides with my legs as I straddled his torso like I had when I was trying to remove the bullet on the dining table.

"Do me a favor, and don't hit me in the face this time, okay?"

The boy beneath me was seething as he tried to free his arms. I was lucky he couldn't see my face because it was burning cherry red as I moved the hip of his boxers out of the way and slowly lifted the bandage atop the "v" muscle there. My adrenaline had been so high when I did this before, but I was just annoyed with him this time around, and the emotion wasn't strong enough to distract me from the fact that I was sitting on him and touching a part of his body he clearly didn't want me to.

The injury below was similar to how I'd left it, and I frowned before closing my eyes and forcing myself to press my palm against his bare skin. The familiar sensation of my healing spread across it, and I focused on taking deep breaths to calm my nerves. He was so warm beneath my hand, only making my blush burn hotter.

"Sakura, stop. I'm serious," The boy under me growled out in an angry voice.

I spoke through grit teeth as my migraine flared up, "Will you shut up already? I'm almost done." He obliged and stopped talking but kept trying to free his arms.

After another minute or two, I blinked as my vision blurred, and a ringing sounded. My free hand shot to the mattress outside his leg when I nearly fell forward. Suddenly, I recalled fainting after leaving Hinata's room and felt stupid for returning to work upon waking up. It was too late, though, and my limbs trembled slightly before I felt myself falling forward.