Chapter 16

-Hinata's POV-

Once I was fed, and the two girls were satisfied I couldn't eat anymore, they offered to help me bathe, which I refused wholeheartedly. So, I sat on the edge of the bed and waited for Naruto to return.

I said I didn't need him to help me with every little task, but he insisted I let him for at least today, so I relented. He was running a bath for me and ensuring I had a change of clothes.

My face warmed as I frowned down at my hands. It didn't feel real yet. I didn't know how long it would take until it did, but I also worried that the moment I let my guard down, we'd all be separated again.

"Alright, let's go!"

I jumped in fright, only to look over and see Naruto offering me a hand. It was still painful to move around, but the more I did, the less it became. He led me into the ensuite before letting his hold on me go and awkwardly averting his gaze to the ground, "I'll be right outside if you need anything, okay?"

My face warmed to match his color, and I nodded with a small smile. Then the door was shut, and I was alone. My lips fell back into a frown, and I looked around the room.

The mirrors were covered with steam, and I could see that the water was full of thick bubbles. The tub was one of those fancy ones that sat center-room rather than against the wall. Some neatly folded clothes were on the bathroom counter with a toothbrush, toothpaste, and deodorant. A wide array of bath products sat on the edge of the tub.

With a sigh, I pulled the robe's tie undone at my waist, and it fell down to my elbows and lower back when I realized I still had the bandaging on for my shoulder wound. My brow furrowed when I realized it wasn't the disposable gauze but the washable and reusable type. I ran my fingers over it but couldn't find the small clamp holding it tight against my skin.

With my red face warming again, I pulled the robe back up in the front and ensured it was closed.

"N-Naruto..." I wondered if he could tell how defeated I felt by my voice.

After a moment, I heard him speak from behind the door, "Are you okay?"

I checked once more that the robe was closed in the front despite my back being visible, "You can come in."

My eyes danced down to the floor when he did, and I gingerly turned so he could see my back, "C-Can you help me?"

"H-H-Hinata!"

My eyes shot up to meet his because he sounded so stunned, and when I saw his face, I was confused. He looked extremely bashful with a face as red as a tomato. I frowned and looked down to verify I wasn't exposed, only to give him another concerned look when I realized everything that needed to be covered was.

"W-What's wrong?" He was making me nervous, more so than usual.

He shook his head before lifting a hand as though he was going to do as I'd requested and help, so I turned so he could reach my back again, only for him to back off with his eyes squeezed closed, "I'm sorry, Hinata, I'm just shocked! I didn't expect you to be so forward."

I looked over my shoulder at him and slightly turned my body to look at his face, humiliated, "I'm sorry for asking, but I can't reach it. Can you get Ino or Matsuri for me?"

Blue eyes stopped darting around nervously and locked onto mine. Suddenly, Naruto looked as confused as me, "You can't reach.... What is it you need help with?"

I motioned toward the gauze and almost dropped the front of the robe before frantically grasping the silky cloth back against my front, "The bandage?"

His face paled before turning red once more, and he slapped his forehead, "Sorry. Yes, here, let me get it."