Chapter 29

-Matsuri's POV-

The morning after my no good, terrible day, I woke up incredibly comfortable and warm. My entire being felt more cloudy with drowsiness than usual in the morning because I'd had so much trouble falling asleep last night.

A soft sigh rose from my chest and I snuggled closer to Gaara, who's arms tightened around my hips in response. The familiar warm feeling that rose to my chest when I thought of him appeared and I moved my fingers in his hair as he rested his head against my chest. He must not have moved much the entire night.

The groggy feeling in my mind slowly began to fade and I realized in horror that the redhead couldn't simultaneously rest against my chest and hug me as low as my hips. His arms would have to be terrifyingly long to reach. Which could only mean...

My eyes shot open and my fears were realized. Kankuro was cuddling my side with his arms around my hips and his legs around mine, while Gaara lay sort of sideways with a hand on my waist as his ear pressed against the center of my chest.

Neither boy was awake and I came to another realization that made me want to cry with disbelief. All of my limbs were asleep except for my left arm, which was loosely hugging the younger brother. I couldn't reach around him to shake Kankuro off without waking him up and I couldn't move my legs because of the older brother's tight hold on them.

My eyes narrowed into a glare as I looked down at Kankuro's peaceful face. That pervert likely cuddled me on purpose because I wasn't awake to smack him for it. When the blood returns to my limbs later, I'll have to give him a belated one.

Gaara's steady breathing changed slightly and I realized he was probably waking up. I was right and he had stirred, but he didn't rise to see my uncomfortable predicament and instead moved slightly off of me so he could lift a hand up to gently rest it against the side of my neck before relaxing once more and seeming to go back to sleep. I wanted to scream in disbelief, but couldn't before Kankuro groaned and I felt him straighten his legs as he stretched a bit A.K.A. letting the blood flow back into my lower body.

He made a slightly confused sound and I glared down to see a look of realization come over him before he tightened his arms around me and pressed his face against my waist. My eyes widened as Gaara stirred again and finally rolled over so he wasn't slightly angled atop me and when he saw my bright red face, he looked down at my body before donning an annoyed expression and pushing his brother's face off of my side with his foot.

The elder Subaku opened his eyes and finally noticed both of us glaring at him before releasing his hold on me with a sheepish grin, "Heh, good morning guys. Sleep well?"

My blood boiled and I threatened him in a low voice, "I'd start running now because once the blood returns to my legs, I'm going to cut your arms off." Gaara removed his arm from across my body and sat up to rub his eyes with a big yawn, looking devastatingly adorable.

"What's the big deal, Matsu? We all cuddled together when we slept outside."

I returned my gaze to Kankuro with a frown, "The only reason we all did that was so we wouldn't freeze to death. You'll be just fine if you keep your filthy hands off me here. This house is heated!"

Kankuro got off the bed and rolled his eyes as he grumbled, "It's not like I tried to kiss you or something, geez," he gestured toward the sleepy redhead sitting on the edge of the opposite side of the bed from where he was standing, "How come you never yell at Gaara for touching you? It's not fair!"

I wiggled my toes and winced when the sharp sensation of blood still returning shot up my legs. In a few minutes, I'll be able to enact my revenge. "Because he doesn't have ulterior motives!"