Chapter 32

-Matsuri's POV-

Even my ears felt hot as I pulled away from Temari to spin the bottle. I just had my first kiss yesterday and now I also kissed my boyfriend's sister. The only reason I haven't fainted or fled the scene yet was because I'd taken a few shots of whiskey on an empty stomach so it hadn't taken long for me to feel a bit tipsy.

Today was my first time drinking alcohol in my entire life and Kankuro promised that I'd like it, only to laugh loudly at my disgusted face upon taking the first shot of it with him and Gaara. He was right, though, that after the first one went down it was easier to repeat the process.

The bottle spun and the excited chatter in the room dropped into a dead silence when it pointed at Kankuro. My heart dropped and I let out an unfiltered groan.

Naruto laughed loudly, pumping a fist in the air as he encouraged me and broke the tense silence, "Do it so you can tell him how bad of a kisser he is!"

Ino and Sakura cheered in agreement, "Yeah! Kiss him!"

I turned to face the man in question, only for my face to get somehow hotter when I saw he was sitting there with an expectant look. He was undoubtedly going to make me kiss him rather than meet me halfway as a way to torture me.

My eyes narrowed and I threatened him, "If you try anything funny, I'll kill you."

He chuckled with an amused grin, "This is just a game, Matsu."

I gingerly placed my hands on his shoulders and leaned forward to lightly press my lips against his before quickly pulling away and facing the center of the circle with a blazing hot face and humiliation coursing through my veins.

With that, I'd officially kissed all three Subaku siblings. Of course, only Gaara and I knew that, but the knowledge itself was bad enough. I glanced over at the redhead in question as Kankuro moved to spin the bottle and take his turn. He met my eye and I wordlessly sensed that he wasn't upset or anything, so I let out a sigh of relief and focused back on the game.

The group busted out in chaos when the bottle landed on Kiba and the two men looked at one another in disbelief. I couldn't hold back my laughter, covering my mouth when the elder Subaku brother glanced over to shoot me a glare. Sakura and Ino, who I suddenly realized were at least as tipsy as I was right now, cheered the two on and they eventually kissed before parting ways and simultaneously making disgusted noises.

Kiba then kissed Hinata, Hinata kissed Sasuke, Sasuke kissed Ino, Ino kissed Sakura, and then the room got silent again when Sakura's bottle landed on Gaara.

My eyes danced between the two of them and I felt extremely concerned. It's not like I was jealous because this was just a party game and we're all close enough by now that none of this was to be taken seriously, but the two involved in this turn have a rocky history.

Not only was everyone still incredibly nervous around Gaara, but he'd ruthlessly beat her during physical training the day Karin was killed. While I got the sense that Sakura wasn't holding a grudge against him and that he's come to regret how cruel he'd been, the aura of the room still became intense.

To my, and everyone else's, surprise, Sakura and Gaara met halfway to kiss and she even laughed quietly to herself as she retreated back to her spot.

A small smile rose to my lips when Ino whispered something to her and the two erupted into a fit of giggles as Gaara spun the bottle. Not a single person here, minus maybe Konohamaru, was unaware of the fact that for whatever reason, Sakura's uncomfortable around men. The fact that she felt relaxed enough to both relax and get drunk around us made my heart warm.