Ch. 17: Devil's Talk With Dice

The next day after the wedding, the reception and all, you're in the large living room. A few imps are sitting around you. You're sitting on a big red chair, seeing that you're the queen of the underworld, now. Sitting on the floor next to you is Henchman.

You're all watching the movie The Princess Bride. It's at the part where Buttercup has a nightmare about an old woman shouting 'boo' at her. You're all laughing. You say, "I love this movie." Henchman says, "Me too." 

(It's 1992 and The Princess Bride was released in 1987. So, this was five years prior to that.)

Nelly says, "Ugh. The wart on her face, though." You stifle a laugh and you say, "Yeah." You all sit back and you watch more of the movie. Henchman says, "I kind of like that Fezzik character." You say, "He reminds me of you a little bit. You're both big softies. Just saying, dude. Softy's not normally fitting for a demon, but not even the Devil himself can stand mad at you, sometimes." 

He looks at you and says, "Yeah?" You say, "Yeah. And I sure as hell won't let anyone harm you..." You close your eyes and your eyes are black with red pupils. You darkly say, "And I'll make sure of it. Nobody hurts you because if they do... I'll make goddamn sure their death is slow and painful, myself. Leave them screaming in agony and begging for me to stop. Even the tough ones upon the surface will be crying like girls. And I'll enjoy every second of their suffering like rock music to my ears. Especially Pearl Jam... That's my favorite. Even Flow is my song." 

You close your eyes and you open them. They're back to their normal ones. He smiles and says, "Aw, gee. You'd really do that for me?" You say, "Yeah. You're awesome. You don't deserve any of that shit, Henchman." He says, "Thanks, your highness." You say, "Anytime, dude." You both continue watching the movie.

Right out of the living room is the Devil himself. He looks in to see you, Henchman and some other imps watching The Princess Bride. He grins and he says, "Ooh. She didn't tell me she was watching this masterpiece. For a movie from the surface." He comes in.

(For real, this is one of my all-time favorite movies. If you haven't seen it, watch it. It's worth it.)

You hear this, "Hello there." You smile and you say, "Come over here, Ol' Scratch.~" You look at him and you say, "I'll get up and I'll sit right on your lap, dear. What do you say?" He says, "So long as I have my wife.~" You grin. You get up and he sits in the red chair. 

You sit on his lap and you lean against him. You say, "'Bout time you showed up." He says, "Oh hush. I'm here now, aren't I?" You say, "That you are. You missed one of the best parts." He says, "Oh hush." You giggle. He says, "Play it again after you finish. Just because I love the movie, too." You say, "No problem. It is a great movie." You all watch the movie.

*****************************************************

Later on, King Dice is in his room. Your old room is now his room. He was happy because he felt he could still smell your scent in there. Any perfumes you wore that would be on your old bed or the shampoo on your pillow when you would lay your head on it. 

He was that into you. Even though he knows you're a married woman now. Let alone the wife of the Devil. Little does he know why he was given that room in the first place after you went to sleep in the Devil's room with him.

Dice is laying on his bed. Your old bed. He turns to the side and he leans his head a bit to smell the scent of the shampoo you would always wear in your hair. He sighs and he smiles. He whispers, "Big D really landed such a beauty for a wife. I do not care that she's Cuphead's granddaughter. Ha. But even now he's an elderly man compared to me. By at least forty years. I was revived young. And I've got the minx's old room." He grins. 

He hears a knock on the door and he hears this, "Oh, Dice." King Dice sits up and looks at the door. It was the Devil. Dice says, "Yes, boss?" Devil says, "Come out of there, would you?" Dice gets up and he walks to the door. 

He opens it and he sees the Devil. He says, "Ah, Big D. Hello there, sir." Devil says, "A word with you, Dice. Come with me." Dice says, "Um. S-sure thing, boss." He follows the Devil down the hallway. Devil says, "There's something I need to say to you, Dice. What I've suspected the moment you came back to life and saw us. Me and my queen." 

Dice says, "What about it?" Devil stops and Dice faces him. Devil says, "I've noticed your recent interest... in my wife." Dice gulps and says, "I-is that so?" Devil says, "Dice. I knew all along. I can read every sin, you know. I am the Devil." 

Dice says, "S-sir. I swear I'm not touching her. Not without your permission, at least. But can you blame me? You've got the hottest wife I have ever seen in my life. I don't care if she is that Cuphead's granddaughter. She is a beauty. A minx. You landed a good one, sir. Even your auditor was about to lose it when he got a glimpse of her cleavage. And she seems comfortable down here for originally being a surface dweller like myself." 

Devil says, "You were a troubled child with an abusive father and a prostitute for a mother. You pickpocketed citizens in Inkwell Isle when you were a kid, Dice. I admired that. You were a talented little thief. (Y/N) however... had a thing for me for years. She longed to be with me. The dark lord. And she was worth keeping. Worth obliderating the entire world if I didn't have her for myself, including trying to kill her granddaddy to have her. Then again, her own mother wasn't any different. Being high in drugs and leaving her in a hot car one time when she was just a child until her uncle Mugman saved her. There's a reason the cup's daughter is down here. She's lucky she's avoiding more time in prison. But that's alright in her case. She sees her daughter more, now." 

Dice says, "Sir. Y-you seem alright with me eyeing up your wife." Devil says, "That's because I have something to say to you, Dice." Dice looks at him. Devil says, "I have plans for you with her." Dice grins and says, "Yeah?" 

Devil says, "Only with me involved." Dice says, "Hey. At least she'll be involved, right? I-I'm just saying sir. Your wife is really attractive." Devil says, "That's why I'm planning this out. We're in Hell, Dice. Everything illegal upon the surface is legal down here. What's wrong up there is right down here. I'm allowing this, but just this once. After this, she's all mine. She is MY wife." 

Dice grins and says, "You've got yourself a deal. Thank you, Big D." Devil says, "Yeah, sure. Now get back to your room. Smell the scent of her shampoo on your pillow for now and do whatever until the night I involve you with her and I." Dice nods and says, "You have my word for it. I appreciate this. I'll leave her alone after this. So long as I get at least one night with her." 

Devil says, "You will, Dice. You will." Dice says, "Goodnight, sir." Devil says, "Yes. Goodnight to you too, Dice." Dice walks off and back into his room. Devil grins and says, "I'll have a talk with (Y/N) about this. I'm sure she's aware, too." He walks off.