Ch. 10: Your Deepest Darkest Secret/ The Story of King Dice

Later on, you're back out with all of the others. You're sitting in a chair next to Henchman as you drink a glass of wine. You take a drink. Henchman says, "So, what were you and your mom talking about, huh?" 

You say, "Oh... just mother and daughter stuff and how much she missed me." He says, "Oh okay." You say, "She was locked away in prison for years. Did your boss tell you that?" He says, "Yeah. He did. What did she do?" You say, "She was in there mostly for robbery and escaping once or twice to do it again." He says, "Oh... She'll fit right in down here." 

You look over at him and you say, "Hey, Henchman." He says, "Yeah, (Y/N)?" You say, "Do you want some wine? I've noticed you didn't take any." He says, "Um. I-I mean I never really drink, but sure." You smile and you say, "Cool. I'll get some for you, dude." 

You get up. Some male imps are checking you out and whistling. You sigh and you say, "Ugh. Right. The ahem... ONLOOKERS." You roll your eyes and you say, "At least Henchman's decent." You get a glass and you pour wine in it. You say, "Alright. Henchman's wine." You walk back over to Henchman and you sit down. You hand him the glass of wine and you say, "Here you go, dude." 

He says, "Aw gee. Thanks, (Y/N)."He takes it. You say, "Don't mention it. Drink up." He takes a sip and says, "Hey. That taste like grape juice." You say, "Yeah, kind of is like it. Only spiked." You take a drink of your wine and you suddenly hear this, "I see you're offering my henchman some wine." You look to see the Devil. 

You say, "Yeah. Hope you don't mind." He says, "Quite alright. Come with me." You stand up and you look at Henchman saying, "I'll be back. Enjoy your wine, dude." He says, "Okay. Thanks." He drinks his wine and drinks it down. You stifle a laugh and you say, "Easy, now." You walk with the Devil.

He says, "You know something, (Y/N)?" You look over at the Devil. He smirks and says, "One of my minions had mentioned something quite interesting to me just moments ago before you and your mom came back down." 

You look at him and you say, "Which one? You've got hundreds of them." He says, "Rudy." You say, "Okay. And what about? Just wondering. I've got most of your minions looking over at me like I'm some first-place trophy." 

He says, "You can't blame imps who don't have a female looking like you. Just saying, dear... By the way, I'm impressed with your mindset." You look at him. He chuckles and says, "Rudy had overheard your conversation with your mother." You say, "He what? You mean the little shrimp was eavesdropping?!" 

He brings you into a different room and he says, "You're such a spitfire. I like that in a woman.~" You blush. He says, "(Y/N)... I'm fully aware of your little secret. Something you've been hiding from even your most trusting friends for years. Since you hit puberty." You look at him and you say, "W-what are you getting to?" 

He leans in and he says, "You've been longing for me for several years. I've been keeping an eye on you for quite sometime. I just had to... wait for the right moment to come up to the nightclub. I knew you'd be up there. So, to tell you the truth sweetheart. And Henchman doesn't know that I knew the entire time... I knew that you were Cuphead's granddaughter. I knew all along. You've got a cup shaped head like him. That's a dead giveaway, dear.~" 

You blush and you look at him. He grins and says, "You've never fallen for anyone... until you saw ME when you were younger. Cuphead head been the very mortal I've been having to deal with for years since he was a twelve-year-old cup. Sixty years ago, he lost to a game of Soul Ball and owed his soul to me. The little twit outwitted me. And here he is now. An old man. But that's good on my end. Part of me thanks myself for not succeeding on taking his soul... YOU wouldn't be here, today.~" 

He leans in and he licks you on the face. You gasp and you blush madly. He whispers, "I was your awakening... wasn't I? You haven't thought about doing any nasty, dirty thing with anyone else. You would've turned those boys down anyways... Because you were secretly thinking about ME.~" 

You gulp and you look away. He says, "Ooh, I know... You realize that I know too much. But I am the Devil, baby... I know and love every sin that's brought upon others. Yours my dear... is lust. Pure fucking lust.~" You look at him.

He cups your chin and he says, "I've waited for you for quite sometime, (Y/N). This was a long-waited thing. I think part of you knew you'd face me one day on your own. But the exact opposite of what your granddaddy has. You're the one, my dear. You're the one I've been waiting for. And now that you're twenty... you'll officially be mine. I was willing to destroy not just Inkwell Isle... but the entire surface for you. All places, (Y/N). The mortals up there would've suffered years and years of pain and degradation. Despair. Hunger. Poverty. Even the rich would've been in a poor man's shoes. Everyone would've been enslaved by me... if you hadn't given in to me. I love you that much, (Y/N). I long for you as my wife.~" 

You look at him and you finally confess. You say, "I just couldn't let anyone notice how I saw you. Nobody. Not even Marcy and she's kept my secrets for years like I have with her. There was a goat man walking down the street one day who was closest to looking like you and I was almost interested." 

He grins and says, "I've got news for you, baby... That was ME. I was disguised as a goat man in a plaid shirt and blue pants. Another time I've been up there was when I was disguised as an old man showing up at a retirement home. I was making one last deal with King Dice." 

You say, "My granddad was mentioning him to me. How he'd listen to him on the radio as a kid with a show called..." He says, "Roll the Dice. Yes. The 30s had that, my dear. Dice died twelve years ago."

You say, "How?" He says, "He was drinking too much and passed out right outside of the retirement home. He died from hypothermia." You say, "Damn." He says, "His soul is down here in Hell with all of the others who had dealt with me before they bit the dust. But... Sally Stageplay's in Heaven. She got out of the deal with me and did... good." 

You say, "I guess you had King Dice as one of your loyal followers much like you do with Henchman, huh?" He says, "That's right. He first made a deal with me when he was just a boy. He was quite a delinquent. Much more so than your grandpa was. Dice would pickpocket the citizens of Inkwell Isle. Then one night, he came to a bar with just two people. The bartender and an old man. Dice tried to steal the old man's wallet. But..." 

He grins and says, "The old man caught the boy red handed and it turned out to be... me. I revealed myself to him. He pleaded for me not to harm him and that he would serve me for life. I gladly took his word for it. He signed the contract and that was that... That's how he became a scheming game show host luring people to get their souls taken by me. His pickpocketing days went on around the late 1910s to the early 1920s." 

You say, "Makes sense if he was already a grown man with his own show in the 30s." He says, "So... What do you say we go back out and celebrate, huh?" You say, "Okay. I feel like Henchman's gonna get carried away with the wine." He says, "Oh believe me, dear... He will." You stifle a laugh and so does he. He says, "A-alright. Come on." You follow him out of the room and to the others.