Chapter - 27 | Broken Promises

PIERO'S POV

Trigger warning: thoughts about suicide and medical problems.

Flashback

"Mama, why do I have to be here? This room looks scary." I ask mama, who looks at me with tears in her eyes.

"It's just for some time, Mia Tesoro. Don't worry, mama is here for you." She is crying now. But I don't know why I cannot say anything. Nothing comes out of my mouth. I feel my tummy hurt and my head too. Mama help me! I want to say. But her face becomes messy. MAMA GET ME OUT! HELP ME, PAPA! WHERE IS PAPA?!!! PLEASE! SOMEONE!!

"What do you mean, I can't stay with my baby?!! He needs me." Mama's voice comes from above me. Yes mama, don't leave me.

"I am sorry ma'am but we cannot allow that. I assure you Mr. Rivera will be fine." The scary man in white says. "We need to start as soon as possible. Please cooperate with us." What is he saying? I don't understand. English is still hard.

"Dolcezza, we should do as they say. Let them do the chemo. Come with me." NO PAPA! DONT LEAVE ME HERE! PLEASE! PAPA! MAMA! COME BACK! PLEASE, GET ME OUT! My eyes are heavy, what is happening? I want to sleep, but I don't want to sleep without mama. She tells me stories before going to bed. The best one is how she met papa. I want to hear that again. "Don't worry, my beautiful boy, we will be right back in. We love you. Papa and mama are just outside. Everything is ok. I promise, you will be fine." I hear papa's voice again and a hand on my head. PAPA- I feel tired and now I want to sleep. Papa and Mama promised I will be fine. So I will be, they never lie. I can sleep now.
————
December 31, 2021, Friday

"Gattina....... with me.......Please!" I hear a familiar voice.

"..... Kat...... shaking...... hospital......" I hear another familiar voice. "No....... found him........ yes........." Who is it? Why can't my mind remember things?

My eyes slowly open and I find my sense of smell flared up when I inhale the smell of disinfectants and that certain smell that hospitals have. The scary place. Why am I here? And where are mama and papa. They are always here when I come here.

"Gattina, baby?" I hear the voice again and I try moving my head, but it hurts a lot. What the hell happened? Did I have another seizure? Why did I have a nightmare about my past again? Suddenly a face comes into my view, a face of the man whom I adore. And then it all comes back to me. The sub's room. I remember everything going black all of a sudden. Jelly was there! The poor boy must have had a heart attack! I remember talking to him about love. Love! I was going to confess-

"Mr. Rivera." Dr Anderson calls as he enters the room. "How are you feeling?" He asks.

"My head hurts." I say in a hoarsely. I am so fucking thirsty and as if Alesso read my mind, he quickly gets a glass of water near my mouth and holds it so I can drink. "What....... ah........ exactly happened?" I ask.

"You were shaking on the floor, and you vomited blood along with your lunch, Mr. Rivera. The situation is very serious and if you would not mind, I need to ask you some question." He says and I try nodding my head, but it hurts.

"S-sure."

"Ok. Are you taking your medicines regularly?" He questions.

"Yes." I reply and he nods writing something on the paper on the writing pad.

"Are you on any other medication, except the ones you were already on?"

"No."

"Have you been experiencing any headaches recently?"