Chapter - 21 | Free

September 29, 2021, Wednesday

PIERO'S POV

"Are you sure about this?" My handsome boyfriend asks. Am I? Am I ready to make my relationship known to the whole world? Never had I thought that I would become famous overnight. I mean that shit happens in movies! But here we were sitting on the sofa of the large living room surrounded by my Topo's PR team who were looking at me with the request of an answer. I was dumbstruck when I first saw the news displaying a photo of me and Topo at the fair where we were kissing each other under the Ferris wheel. The lighting was horrible in that photo, was my first thought. But of course that was not a priority right now.

Then, out of nowhere the news showed a picture of mine where I was wearing a disgusting black oversized hoody and pants. That was from my teenage years! How in fuck's name did they get a hold of this?!  Now it's personal! I thought. There were even some tweets saying I was probably a gold digger. And someone even commented on a photo of mine saying I looked like a hooker. As soon as my possessive and over protective boyfriend saw it he immediately called his PR team and started apologizing saying it was his fault. But how could I ever blame him? We were in this together, if it was anyone's fault it was mine to take a man as famous as Alessandro out in a fair. I will never regret taking him there, but I should have known better. My Topo of course told me shut me up when I said this, but the guilt was already settling inside me.

The PR team suggested that we hold an interview with one of the news channels, since we could not hide this fact. So the question was asked, If I wanted to be officially be out in open. I thought about it for a moment. My parents knew about me being gay, my brother knew so why was I hesitating? Alessandro was ready to come out with me, it would mean he felt confident with me. So it should not be a problem.

But you should talk to your parents once. A voice in the back of my head said. Are they ready to face this as well? It was a very important decision, my parents have never complained to me about anything, even if I caused them so much trouble. I know my mama and papa would only support me, mama would probably scold me for even asking this, but even though the answer will be yes, I need to ask. I just need to talk to them.

"Can I have a minute?" I ask Alessandro.

"Of course baby. Take all the time you need." He says giving my hand a tight squeeze before I get up and go the laundry room and take my phone out.

"Mia Bambino!" My mama squeals as soon as she picks up, "How are you? How is Alessandro? Is he ok? Do you need me to be there?" She starts asking frantically. My tense body calms down a little as I hear her voice.

"Mama, we are ok, but I need to ask you something." I say in a very soft voice, almost in a whisper.

"I think I know what you are going to ask figlio and I feel insulted that you even have to think about asking me this." She scolds me but sighs, "But I know you and I bet that you are already drowning yourself in guilt. I am just going to say this, we are with you in any decision you make. So the question is not about us, it is about you... Are you ready?"

"Yes." I say without any hesitation.

"Then go get them my Bambino." Papa's voice drifts to my ears, he is probably home with mama. "Remember, your mama and I love you no matter what."

"I love you both too, I will call you later though. Ciao." I say hurriedly.

"Ciao." They say and then I immediately cut the call as  I make my way down the hall to find my Topo. To my surprise I not only find him but all the other DEVILS as well. "Topo." I call out to him, which results in him turning sharply and looking at me with worry in his beautiful brown eyes.