The romance

Rain's POV:

Today, I received Boss's message asking me to meet up. Of course, I did not respond immediately! I'm Rain 2.0 now, I decided to give my response after an hour.

Another message came.

... another message again.

Okay! I'm a good person and I don't like hurting people so... I replied after thirty minutes of just reading - I replied with one word 'Okay'. Hahaha... I'm so cool.

Since we were meeting in front of my house, I waited for him outside rather than him smashing our doorbell with his slender smooth fingers. How could I bear hurting our doorbell?! I need to save those finge- I mean doorbells from him.

The night was a little cold but it was peaceful and clear. The sky has sand of stars and it looks amazing. Seeing Boss, I can't lie to myself, I miss him after days of not seeing him.

Arriving at the racetrack, I had this impulse of riding a motorcycle so I gave Boss a hint but of course, I am most excited about whatever he prepared tonight.

I don't see anything at the back of the car, could it be that he hid it all in the trunk?! Does he plan to give me flowers with candles everywhere? Oh, but that would be so hot with all the fire surrounding us, and what if a candle drops and burn everything? No!

Or maybe he made a slideshow of all our photos and then play it while narrating the sweetest thing we did together? Wait, we don't have photos together! No!

Oh, whatever.

"Let's walk." I heard him say. His tone was firm with no chance to say no.

Walk? Walk??!!! Where?!

Right now, we were facing the race track, he was not telling me to walk on the race track, right?

"Uh, to where?" I ask nervously.

"You'll know." He gave me a hat and held my hand as we walk on the slightly lit race track. Though there was no one except us, I did not feel scared. I felt safe with Boss walking with me. But that was a different thing!

I forgot how long this racetrack was but he's not planning to walk from end to end, right?

"Can't we ride your uh... motorcycle?" I showed him my most pitiable face, pouting a little with my two index fingers touching each other, "or maybe... carry me on your back?" I was blinking fast, flexing my eyelashes. I'm already so cute so please agree!

"Why should I walk just to receive a romantic gesture?" I mumbled. Oh. well, what should I expect... it was already good that he thought of something.

We have been walking for twenty minutes now. Boss wasn't talking so I did not talk as well. It was not a suffocating silence but it sure damn tiring!

"Are we still far?" I ask while twisting my ankle a bit. My feet were starting to hurt. I'm tired.

"Almost there." such a dry reply. Before I could complain again, he added, "Walking with you despite the expected exhaustion on the way is part of the romance that I wanted to give you."

Boss halted on his steps and face me, "facing problems, challenges and happiness with you from hereon is what I wanted to do. I hope Rain thought the same too. With us supporting each other, giving each other strength and love - that is my only wish."

Oh.

I never thought he will think things through and through even the tiring walk now became sweet. The pain in my ankle miraculously disappeared just after hearing those words from him.

"Then... let's continue walking." I blurted with much energy. I should not complain until I see the result. It was partly my fault but then again... it's twenty minutes of walking, who wouldn't be tired?

After another ten minutes, we finally stop.

Looking around, my jaw dropped at the scenery. I never expected that there was a hidden beauty still undiscovered by my eyes in this place. It was literally hidden.

In the middle of the racetrack, there was a small pathway in between barriers where a person can enter. Outside the barrier was a big tree where you can do picnics.

"It's a bit far and secluded but I hope Rain doesn't mind." Boss was standing behind me as I tilted my head to watch the starry sky. "I choose the racetrack because-"

"I know. Because it's one thing you love the most. You felt happy racing and watching races. It is one thing that you can call your own. Am I, right?" I turn my head to him and smile but I'm not sure if he saw it. The place was strangely dark except for the light from the moon.

"Rain reads me well. Close your eyes." It was a whisper, not a command but a statement still I closed my eyes upon hearing it.

"These are all ideas from me. I did not ask for help from anyone. Rain, I wanted to show you my heart. I don't understand love but I understand that you are important to me and it is enough for me to say that Rain is the first person I love and will continue to love. "

As he was speaking, he was slowly guiding me forward. I can feel the little sweat on his hands, "open your eyes."

Rain: (=✪ᆽ✪=)

The scene in front of me was simply beautiful. The tree had yellow lights hanging on the lowest branches brightening the areas. The already dark beautiful scenery doubled. Under the tree was a piece of a blanket with things placed over it... and was covered with a blanket again.

"Did you like it?" he asked in his low voice. Was he kidding me?! I love it so much!

"Yes!" I answered with my head nodding non-stop.

"Then, open the blanket." I did it as quickly as possible.

Taking the blanket off, there was a big transparent jar with origami inside, "you folded all this?" my tone was excited, looking back and forth between him and the jar. On the jar, words were written:

'My naked heart'

What does it mean? You can't dress up your heart, right? but who cares, I will ask him later about it.

"Each origami has a written phrase inside. I wrote it. It's what I wanted to tell Rain."

Hearing that, I opened the jar and took one origami but then hesitated to unfold it. Boss spent time folding this carefully -

Chrng...

Rain: (⊙︿⊙ ✿)

Boss... he... he will-