The preparation

The sound of muffled rain outside did not hinder us from hearing each other, the constant flash of lightning and roar of thunder was like a piece of soothing music to my healing heart. I knew deep down that I like Boss and I can't deny it. 

It started with a very light feeling and suddenly grew without any prior notice and now that he said that he loves me though he really doesn't know if it's love, for now... I'm satisfied with it. This was why I finally made up my mind... 

"My estrus might come in two days..." an omega spending his estrus with his alpha, it's beyond comprehension the happiness that it will be giving. I heard in one of the lectures before that spending estrus with the alpha was the safest and most satisfying thing to the omega. 

I saw Boss's eyes sparkle like a hunter finally catching his prey. 

"Then, I'll make arrangements... I will prepare all the things needed." He kissed me on my forehead lovingly and added, "let's go to my safe house where I spend my rut. It's safe there and no one will disturb us."

I nodded. 

Seeing the excitement on his face, I'm relieved and happy. 

"Let me call my secretary now..." after saying this, he took his phone and gave instructions to his secretary. 

"Prepare food supplements enough for four days, water and vitamins. Don't forget to put in spare bed sheets enough for one month... yes, prepare for that too. Nothing should go wrong with this." He gave more instructions and I felt so lucky that this alpha carefully plan all of it for me. 

After the call, Boss and I lay down on the bed with blankets covering our bodies. Maybe because my estrus was coming that both of us had a tacit understanding to not tease each other. We can wait, two days more and we can roll on the bed to our hearts' content.

"Let's travel after your heat period. Do you still want to go to Phuket?" His arm muscles weren't so firm that it feels good to lay my head on them. My human pillow. Thinking of what happened, I had a bad feeling about Phuket so I suggested going to Korea instead. I hope this time we can really travel.

"You're from Korea... where would you take me?" Ah, I never really thought about this one but since we already confessed to each other it would be better to go where couples usually go.

"Seoul tower." Imagining us together putting the lock of our love there, made me giggle, "yes... Seoul tower is good." Boss stroked my head and kiss my forehead again and whispered, "Sleep. You need to conserve more energy."

Yes. Energy... estrus was a battle. Though it's a lewd kind of battle the omega's body should be able to stand the three to four days of bed fight. I wish I can still walk after my heat. May all the deities bless me with enough strength. 

While waiting for my heat to come, I arranged everything on my end first so nothing important could be left unattended. Boss also made some overtime to finish a week's worth of work. During this time, both of us will be isolated from the outside world. I'm scared but I'm also looking forward to it. 

The night before my expected heat, we drove towards a remote area where the sea meets the mountain - Boss's safe house. 

The house faces the sea and you can feel the breeze just by standing outside the balcony. It was a simple two-story house painted white. The pieces of furniture were modern and simple but the touch of gray can't be denied. 

Boss led me upstairs and when he opened the room boxes of food supplements were stocked beside the door, five water dispensers, and a mini fridge that only carry bottled water in it. Beside the fridge was an electric kettle and mugs. Inside the cabinet were spare gray bed sheets, too many to count. 

On the table beside the bed were vitamins. The bathroom was so spacious that it can be considered as big as my room, towels, and underwear were neatly placed inside. 

I... so... how... damn it! so these were things that should be prepared? I'm glad Boss can afford all of these! I can only take my inhibitor before and curled myself up on the bed. It didn't occur to me that spending my heat with an alpha equals to spending so much money and effort!

"This... you spend so much," I said with my mosquito-like voice. 

"Nothing to worry about money. I just want to ensure that everything is fine." He rub my cheeks and kissed me gently on the lips. I melted. All of his efforts were recorded in my heart. 

"Go take a shower. I will prepare the dinner first." He left the room and went to the kitchen while I take my time with the shower. The bathtub was enough for two people and it was so comfortable to soak, however, I really can't stay too long as I also need to eat food while I still can. 

After changing into my pajamas, I went downstairs. Hearing that Boss was talking to someone on the phone I made my actions light so as not to disturb him. 

"... En. Four days. Yes... this is the best time, I can't wait any longer than this... yes. yes... tell that doctor to come after four days. Okay." I don't know what they were talking about but it seems important, especially with the doctors involved. I'm worried that I might be a little selfish in wanting Boss to spend my heat with me.

"Do you have something urgent to do?" I spoke after confirming that he wasn't talking on the phone now. Boss was startled hearing my voice but it was only for a brief moment and his eyes curved, smiling at me. 

"No, baby. Work can wait." He gently scoops soup from the caserole and places it on the table. One by one, the food was served on the table. These were food ordered from the restaurant and were reheated. 

Not convinced, I ask again, "but you mentioned a doctor... is your father sick?" 

But Boss only smiled at me and placed a slice of beef on my plate, "Eat. Father is healthy."

I did not insist anymore. It could also be on his company. Doctors were needed everywhere, anyway. 

Just as I was about to swallow the sliced beef my hand froze mid-air and my heart started to throb violently, my breath was heavy... it's starting. 

On the opposite side of the table, I saw Boss's clenched hand and as if a shadow passed by me, I was soon carried to the bedroom with hurried steps. 

My heat arrives. 

~~~