The smell

It was just now that I realize, Boss was still a human being aside from him being an Alpha... I felt his body harden when I said no to biting. I mean, it hurts! it hurts when someone bites you, why can't I say no?

"I'll drive you home," Boss said as he stood up from the chair. I look at him but he never glances at me, did I do something wrong? I ask myself but even how many times I analyze what I said I don't see anything wrong with it.

He walks out of the restaurant while I follow him like a lost puppy. I felt bad for the first time. I didn't even felt bad when he decides to say I'm his omega without consulting me first or when he kissed me or when he keeps on sniffing my glands. These were all very intimate and private, though it's my fault too for letting him do that.

I indulged him so much that I sometimes forgot we still pursue each other. Boss... he might not love me... even if I... there was still that huge possibility... maybe at the end... but still, why was he angry?! Should I bite him too so he'll know how painful it is?

But his bite on me were soft and gentle... it's just that... biting equals to marking and that was what my mind thought too when he ask if he can bite me in private.

Marking is no small matter, it requires love and trust and so far... its only me who loves him. I'm sure that Boss just clings to me for his father's sake, playing his part so well.

It hurts.

This bitter truth, I have been avoiding it too. How long have we known each other? not even a week pass. And in a month, we might go our separate ways. I'm still hoping Boss will love me and wants me to be come his omega. Not for his father but for himself. From alpha to an omega.

I went inside the car, its deafening. Before, its fine if we don't talk it was still comfortable but now its not. It seems like i'm facing the jury waiting for their verdict.

"Did I do something wrong?" I broke the silence.

Boss focused his eyes on the road not even trying to say no or yes or creates any sound.

"You... really want to bite me that much?" I speak again.

Still no sound from him.

After much thinking I extended my arm to him, "here... you can bite me here."

The car suddenly smells a thick dark coffee. Boss pheromones leaks, the smell of anxiousness and soothing mixed all together.

I'm confused. Why is he anxious? "its fine. Just don't bite hard. There is no one around so its okay to bite."

My arm is still extended to him when the car abruptly park on the side and Boss grab my hand and bit it really hard.

"Urghh!" I groaned. It hurts so much! But I did not force back my hand then my pheromones float in the air, must be the little blood in my arm... wait blood?!

"Hey! don't lick it!" They say that blood of other sub-gender can force estrus or rut...

... but Boss lick it.

He leaned towards me and put his head in the hollow of my neck and sniff me... "only the omega drinking alphas blood can be forced to estrus. I'm fine. Don't be afraid."

He said it with his voice muffled. His breath lingering into my skin making it itch.

"Are you mad?" I ask again.

This time he answered me while his embrace tighten, "I'm not."

"Then why did you ignore me?"

He lifts his head and face me, rubbing the area where he bit me, "I felt ashamed... when you reject my bite. I realized I don't have the right to do it. When you said no my heart aches. Rain..." His eyes were pure and sincere, pain is evident too.

"... can you give me permission to bite you? I'm not marking you, I promise... not until we're clear." His pleading... sometimes I hate it when i'm this easy. I can't even get angry at him and seeing those eyes, I already forgot that he ignored me.

"I already gave you my arms to bite."

He cupped my face and kissed me on the forehead, "not the arms, here..." he touch my shoulder, "... and here" he touch my neck, "... also here." he touch my earlobe.

My body responds to it and its getting hot, I can only groaned in agreement. Fuck! this alpha knows how to get me.

I can see his small smile and soon as he lowered his face I can feel a pain in my shoulder. It's not the same gentle and soft bite... now its painful but it also sends pleasure to my body.

A bite of my own alpha... how wonderful it could be if Boss really becomes my alpha.

"You smell of Pai... I hate it." Another bite on my ears and then a soft flesh landed on my lips.

"I hate it." He kissed me like he was gasping for life... he keeps mumbling the same line, "I hate it Rain."

Now, it finally sinks in... Boss is jealous. Boss is an alpha and it is in his nature that the omega he pursue should not smell like the other alpha.

I guess its really a good decision to not talk with Pai before or else... the world will crumble.

But how did I get Pai's smell? We didn't bump or sit next to each other!

Tonight, I witness different emotion from Boss: jealousy, anxiousness, pain and gentleness.

I hope his jealousy is not because of his nature but because he's slowly giving me a spot in his heart.

"...Rain... can you sleep in my house?"

Eh? if you give him an inch he'll push for a mile. Tsk!.

"... just sleep. Nothing else." He's using his pleading voice again. My gosh!

"why?"

"cause you smell of Pai... you have to take a bath."

"I can bathe in my house. We have bathrooms too."

He fell silence for a while before hugging me again. Boss is acting like a child. "Stop hugging me, I smell like Pai."

"No. I want to hug... I need to cover you with my smell."

I miss the dominant, no expression Boss all of a sudden though this childish Boss is fine too.

"Okay. Shower me with your smell but I won't sleep in your house. I still have exams tomorrow."

"Then, after exam is fine?" I can see hope and my foolishness all at once... haha...

"Yeah, after exam is fine."

Sigh, can I even say no to him? I worry for my heart.