unfinished business || risotto x reader

hii! it's me, frannieur! i hope you are all doing very well today, and if not, i hope things get better for you! Let me know if you want to see any other La Squadra characters! Also, the cursed picture is on my jjba board on pinterest (francescaisbackatitagain on Pinterest)! Divertiti!---- Frannieur

The song I'm listening to right now is return to versailles --- joshua kyan aalampour, so if you want to set the mood, feel free to take a listen! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Isaac, time to wake up." You smile, and your son stirs slowly in bed, mumbling to himself.

He hasn't been sleeping well again, you think to yourself, and sigh. Ever since the frantic move from Italy back to the Americas took place, you and him haven't been getting good rest at all. Everything was so rushed, the pack, the flight, everything. It was all your fault, though. You had done something that could have cost you, and your son's life. You didn't mean to, you swear up and down that you didn't, but it doesn't matter now, does it? It's all over. You got involved with La Squadra Esecuzioni, a mafia gang that was one of the most dangerous in all of Italy. Worse enough, you fell in love with Risotto Nero, the capo of the group.

You swore up and down when you two started talking, it was just a friendship, and nothing was going to come from it. That was until you didn't watch yourself, and ended up getting a bit carried away one night with him. Things led to other ones, and eventually, you were pregnant with his child. Obviously, you weren't going to get Risotto involved in this whole ordeal; you knew how evil the Italian mafia was. You left two days after your date with him, not bothering to tell him anything. Changing your name, you snuggled you and your newborn son out of Italy under Risotto's nose.

Three years later, your son, who you named Isaac, is living a decently normal life for a three year old, going to preschool, making friends, and finding his purpose in life. You on the other hand, haven't forgotten about your past, and try to every day you're with Isaac.

"Mommy, I don't wanna go to school today." Isaac whines, and you kiss him on the forehead, pulling him out of bed. "I know, Isaac, darling, but you have to. For me?" You ask him, and he sighs, smiling and wrapping his arms around your neck as you spin him around slowly. "Okay mommy. For you." He giggles, and you kiss his forehead again, dropping him and picking out his outfit for him.

------

"Bye! Mommy Y/N!" Isaac waves at you with a big smile on his face, and you can't help but smile back and wave to him as well. "I love you!" You yell to him, and he smiles before grabbing his teachers hand and walking inside the schoolhouse. Smiling, you sigh to yourself and walk back to your car, closing the doors and taking a deep breath before putting your hands on the steering wheel. As you start the car, you can't help but wonder if Risotto knows you're gone. He's always been smarter than me, you think to yourself. Shaking the thoughts out of your mind, you drive away from your son, praying silently that he'll have a good day today.

You decide to go to the park and have a seat on the bench, thinking to yourself. As you close your car door, you walk over to the park, and see a tall man sitting down on the bench. You aren't stupid, and you can recognize that tall and broad frame from anywhere. Risotto?! He found me?! You start to panic, but you stop, and take a deep breath. "I'm not going to let him scare me away." You decide, and you walk on the path through the park, passing right in front of him. Risotto reaches out a pale hand, and you try to inch away, but his grip is way too tight.

"Don't make this harder than it has to be. Let's just talk." He says, his deep voice sending a calm over you that you don't like. When you two were friends, and you started to overthink, panic, or lose yourself, he'd pull out his soft, calming voice, and send all of your worries away. Now, it terrifies you. "Let go of me." You say, your voice shaking in fear. "Y/N, let's talk." He says again, and you stare at him, hoping you look angry. You get your answer when Risotto's eyes glare back at you, and you fix your attitude, agreeing to talking with him.

He keeps his grip tight on your wrist as he leads you away from the park. People stare at him, the massive, weirdly-dressed man standing out in the crowd of ordinary people. Risotto walks faster and faster, until you two enter a library. He leads you to the room at the back of the library, and closes the door, locking it behind him. "What do you want?" You ask him, and he stares at you, his dark eyes studying you up and down. "Answer me, Risotto Nero." You call his full name, and he doesn't say a word, instead sitting down on a chair.

"I came here because we have unfinished business." He says, and you know exactly what he means.

"Don't bring him into this." You say, and he smiles to himself, before his lips return to a straight line.

"He's my son as well." Risotto says calmly, and you sigh, looking to the ground.

"How'd you know where we went?" You ask, and Risotto stares at you, his eyes filled with so many emotions, you don't know what he's thinking.

"My team is very helpful, and I use that to my advantage. If that means I have to have Ghiaccio track you down, so be it." He says coldly, and you start to tear up. How foolish were you to think you could escape him?

"Let's start over. Give this another chance." He says, staring you down. His eyes make you nervous, and not because they're different from normal people. They're cold and dark, unnerving.

You don't really have a choice to refuse him, do you?