babies and ballroom dancing || caesar x reader || "finally."---some of you lmao

What in the world?-- You think, confused. It's 10 at night and you hear wailing from inside your room. "Caesar?" You shake him softly, and he stirs, slowly opening his eyes. "Yes, bambina?" He drones, his voice tired. "I think the babies are awake." You yawn, and he sits up, stretching. Sure enough, the babies are crying, one nearly screaming. "Oh, dear." He sighs, and stands up, walking to the white bassinet. You stand up, and turn on the lights, stretching. "Aww, come here." You pick Chiara, your daughter; she looks like Caesar, with blond hair and bright green eyes. She inherited your hair texture, though.

"What should we do to calm them?" You ask him, and he looks around the room. "Where are their bottles?" He asks, and you rush to the bathroom, grabbing them. "Here!" You whisper, and he nods, grabbing Gianluca's. "We'll feed them, and maybe they'll calm down." Caesar instructs, walking to his side of the bed. You walk to the other side, and laugh quietly. "What's funny?" He smiles, and you laugh some more. "It just seems like you're more of a mom than me." You smile, and he kisses your cheek, smiling.

"I learned from you, bambina." He smirks, and you blush, giggling. Sighing, you lean back, holding Chiara in your arms, and the bottle to her lips. "I'm sorry they woke you up, Caesar." You frown, and he laughs. "Oh, don't worry yourself; babies are like that." He smiles, and you nod, staring into Chiara's eyes. They're a bright green, and even in the moonlight, sparkle. "You gave them your good looks, you know that?" You say, and he stares at you, smiling. "Do they really look that much like me, bambina?" He inquires.

Gianluca looks like him so much, you call him Mini Caesar; he has the same crazy blond hairs like Caesar has, and his eyes are the same exact color; he even has the same pointed eyebrows. "Yes, Caesar, they do." You laugh, and he laughs too. After a while, Gianluca and Chiara fall asleep again, their eyes closed, resting easy. "Well, that was a long time." You yawn, and Caesar stands, stretching. "Let's put the babies to bed, shall we?" He asks, and you nod, standing up.

You walk to their bassinet, and place Chiara in there carefully, resting her head on her small pillow. "There!" You cheer quietly, and Caesar taps your shoulder, leaning in. "Let's go down stairs and dance." He miles, and you look at him, confused. "Dance? Caesar, it's one in the morning." You say, and he laughs. "Per favore, mia bella signora?" He says in Italian, and you blush, nodding. "Fine." You say, and grab his hand. He leads you down the stairs to the end of the hallway.

-----------

"Where are we going?" You smile, and he grabs a blindfold, handing it to you.

"Here, Y/N; put this on." He smiles gently, and you raise an eyebrow at him, smirking. "What in the world did you do, Caesar?" You smile, and he laughs, rubbing the back of his neck. "I'm not telling yet, bambina." He says, and you scoff, putting the blindfold on. "Where are you taking me?" You ask, and he says nothing but instead takes your hands. "Is it that room you haven't let me go in ever since we got married?" You smile, and he rubs your hand in reply.

"Forse." He replies in Italian, and you blush. "I love it when you speak in Italian." You smile, and he laughs. "I'll have to do it more often, then." Caesar laughs, and you smile. "Alright, we're here. I'm going to lead you inside, and then I want you to stand still and not move, okay?" He says, and you sigh, nodding. "Okay, then, Caesar." You smirk, and he laughs, before letting your hands go. They feel cold without him.

You hear some light switches flick on, and things move around the room. It has an echo to it, and you wonder why. "Alright..." He says, and then walks back towards you. "Hmm, I think we're ready." He say, and grabs your hands again, standing in front of you. "You can take it off now." He smiles, and you do as he says, lifting up the blindfold. Your eyes adjust to the light, and you gasp, covering your mouth in surprise.

It's a ballroom, a piano in one corner, and lights strewn around the room; flowers of all kinds decorate the room, and there's even a record player with all of your favorite waltzes stacked up beside it. "C-Caesar..." You whimper, your eyes filling with tears. "This is beautiful!" You say, and hug him tightly, sniffling. "I'm glad you like it. Joseph helped me with it." He says, and as soon as Caesar mentions his name, Joseph jumps from behind the piano, winking.

"Ah! You guys are hilarious!" You cheer, and Joseph strolls up to you and Caesar. "Like it, Y/N?" He smirks, and Caesar swatts his back, rolling his eyes. "Of course she does, you dumbass." He says, and Joseph frowns. "Hey, hey; you two." You say, and they both turn to look at you. "I love it, thank you both." You smile, and kiss both of them on their cheek. Caesar and Joseph blush, and Caesar swatts Joseph again. "That's my wife, remember?" He asks, and Joseph rubs his back, nodding. "Duh." He rolls his eyes, and you giggle.

"I better get going before Caesar kills me." Joseph winks, and you wave at him. "Goodbye, Y/N!" He says, and walks out of the room, closing the door behind him. "Finally, that stupid idiot is gone." Caesar rolls his eyes, and you place your arms around his shoulders. "Oh, stop it!" You smile, and he shakes his head, smiling. "Balliamo ora, vero?" He leans into your ear, and you smile, nodding.

He runs to the record player and pulls out Waltz of the Flowers by Tchaikovsky; placing it on the player. It slowly but surely starts to spin, playing the start of the song. "Do you know how to dance?" He asks you, and you smile, blushing. "Of course I do, Caesar!" You yell, and he smiles, grabbing your hand and wrapping his arm around your waist. "Alright, then." He says, and you two start to waltz across the dance floor, spinning to the music.

"Wee!" You say jokingly, and Caesar laughs, turning you around. "I'm glad you're enjoying yourself, bambina." He says, and you two continue to twirl across the dance floor, the world around you disappearing and only you and Caesar laughing, staring into each others eyes.

"I love you, Mr. Caesar Zeppeli." You smirk, and he smiles back at you.

"Ti amo di più, Mrs. Y/N Zeppeli." He smiles, and you blush.

you're welcome, simps 😉---arii