Forever || Josuke x Reader

hey there! it's me, Arii; how are you all? i'm pretty good; i've been busy with life, but i'm not going to bother you all with that, my simps. today's fanfiction will be inspired by Forever by Labrinth and Golden Hour by JVKE because i'm going through a phase right now, and these song is beautiful :) Josuke is the dude I picked for this one because he's my favorite Joestar (with Jolyne), and I've been missing him.

Without further ado, I love you all, and I hope you enjoy!

---

Who: Josuke (my love)

Storyline: You have a crush on Josuke, and he has one on you, but you both are best friends, and both of you think the opposite person has a crush on someone else.

---

"Sure! I'd love to." You smile, holding the telephone to your ear. Josuke's on the other end of the line, a smile in his voice. "Cool. I'll see you--" He stops, like he's asking you what time you want to meet. "7 is fine for me." You smile, and Josuke laughs. "You love that number. It seems everytime we hang out, you pick 7:00 p.m." He says, and you giggle.

"I love to be predictable; makes things easier." You explain, and Josuke sighs. "Maybe you should try not being predictable; it's cute when you're all frantic and panick-y." He teases, and you blush. "Josuke, stop it!" You smile, and he laughs. "Right, right; sorry, Y/N." He says, and you giggle. "I'll bring my favorite snack, and you bring coffee, okay?" You smile. "Yeah, yeah, alright." He agrees.

"I'll see you in a few minutes, then, Josuke Higashikata." You tease, and he laughs a hearty laugh. "Alright then, Y/N L/N." He teases back, and you laugh. You put the phone down, and crash on your bed, a huge smile on your face. Josuke is so cool, You think to yourself. You can still remember the day you met Josuke; you were being bullied by some punks on your first day of school, and Josuke came to your rescue, warding the punks away.

You sigh, opening your notebook. To anyone, it looks like a normal, school work filled, blue notebook, but you know what fills the pages. Your hopes, dreams, desires, and deepest thoughts reside there, almost all of them focused on Josuke or your secret love and admiration for him.  You scrawl down a note to yourself: Wish me luck, Notey. I'm about to go confess to him.

You stare at the note you wrote down in dark blue, the same color of his eyes. You hope you don't look like a Yandere, shake your head to get the embarrassing thoughts out, and put on your outfit, grabbing your favorite snack, and running outside to your bike, taking off on your way to meet Josuke...and confess your feelings to him.

----

"Hey!" You wave to Josuke from the bottom of the hill, and he waves back. You walk up to the top of the hill, you and Josuke's secret spot. It has just enough trees to hide the top of the hill, and you and Josuke have made it your own, adding flowers, tree lights, and an extra stack of blankets hidden amongst the trees.

"Well there she is." Josuke smiles, laying the dark blue blanket across the soft blades of grass. He looks cute; changing out of his school uniform for once, and sporting a button-up, bright yellow shirt, and dark blue jeans. "What's the special occasion? You're not wearing your uniform." You smile, and Josuke blushes. "Nothing, Y/N; I just figured that you wouldn't like seeing me in the same outfit over and over again. Why? Do you not like it?" He says slowly, and you blush.

He was thinking of me when he chose this outfit? Awww. You blush, and step towards him. "Your collar is off, JoJo." You adjust his collar, reaching your arms to Josuke's shoulders, and dusting them off. He stares at you, those dark blue eyes of his staring at yours. You and him stand there for what seems like hours, searching each other's eyes.

"Sorry, I--" Josuke blushes, biting his lip. "No, no, it was me; I-I got distracted, that's all." You say awkwardly, backing away from his face. You sit on the blanket, and pull out a bag of peanut butter crackers. "Want one?" You say, offering a cracker to Josuke. "Sure, thanks, Y/N." He takes it, and crams the whole entire thing in his mouth. "Ugh, JoJo!--" You giggle, wiping his mouth.

"What? It was good!" He says, or at least, that's what you think he said. His mouth is filled with peanut butter, and it's hard to tell what he's saying. He swallows it down, and you laugh. "You're absolutely crazy!" You tease, shoving him lightly. He laughs, and you laugh even harder, rolling on the ground. After a while, you both are on the ground together, staring up at the stars.

"That one looks like that dust bunny you brought me the other day." You point to the sky, looking at the small clusters of stars that make a small dust bunny. "Koichi told me that you started a dust bunny collection two weeks ago, and I was very generous, thank you very much." Josuke teases, and you laugh.

"That one star--" Josuke starts, but you interrupt him. "Which one, JoJo? I can't see that well." You say, and Josuke grabs your hand, directing it to where he was pointing to. "That one." He whispers in your ear, and you try your hardest not to shudder. "What about that one star?" You say, starting to feel a blush spreading across your cheeks.

"It looks like the way your eyes light up when you talk about something you enjoy." He laughs, and you push him playfully, scoffing. "I swear, JoJo, you are way too much." You say, sitting up. Josuke laughs some more and sits up behind you, playing with your hair. Josuke has a habit of doing that; when he can't mess with his, he'll mess with yours, but you don't mind.

"Hey, Y/N?" Josuke asks, tapping your back. "Yeah?" You ask, turning around to face him. He looks so...pretty in the moonlight; his dark blue eyes sparkling in the dark, and his pompadour glitters in the light. "You've been hanging out with Rohan a lot. Is...Is there something between you two?" He asks, and you blush. "W-what?! Josuke, I've been taking drawing lessons from him, that's all." You laugh, and he blushes, embarrassed.

"You hang out with Reimi a lot, though. Is there something between you two?" You ask, genuinely concerned. "No, no! She's a pretty girl, but she's a ghost. Plus, she's been going ghost hunting with me, Koichi, and Okuyasu every Friday." Josuke explains, and you breathe a sigh of relief. "Was that a sigh of relief I heard?" Josuke teases, and you push him lightly. "No, no." You say, and you both lapse into a moment of silence before Josuke calls your name.

"Y/N." He says softly, and you stare at him, waiting to see what he has to say. "I have something I've been wanting to tell you for a few weeks now." He whispers, scooting closer to you. "What is it?" You ask, and he tucks a strand of hair behind your ear. "I love you." He says so quietly, you have to process what he just said an extra minute. "You...you what?" You blush, and Josuke laughs to himself, his dark blue eyes sparkling.

"Did you not hear me? I said....I love you." He says, staring into your eyes. "I---I love you more." You whisper back to him, and lean in. Your lips touch his, and you sit there, basking in the moonlight. After a few minutes, you two pull away from each other. "So...." You whisper to Josuke, and he laughs. "I have something for you, Y/N." He says, and stands up, walking over to his bag.

"What? Is it another dust bunny?" You tease, and Josuke scoffs, blushing. "No, silly; it's some flowers." He smiles, and pulls out a bouquet of yellow, blue, and white roses. "Awww, JoJo! You shouldn't have!" You blush, and jump up, wrapping your arms around his neck. He hugs you back, wrapping his arms around your waist.

"Will you be mine, Y/N?" Josuke stares into your eyes, and you stare back, smiling. "Of course, Josuke Higashikata. Is that even a question?" You giggle, and kiss his cheek. He blushes, seemingly melting from your kiss. "Now, I brought sandwiches Mom made us, and that coffee you wanted." He smiles, and you giggle. "I brought you that friendship bracelet I promised I'd make you." You smile, but get a huge dust bunny to the face.

"Ah! A dust bunny; I love you, JoJo!" You tease, and Josuke smiles. "I love you too, my Crazy Girl." He says back, and you wink at him.

------

 **don't ask me about the dust bunny thing; that was the only thing that came to mind, okay?**

I hope you enjoyed this one-shot; I made it a bit longer as an apology for being gone so long. remember to drink some water, eat something healthy, get some sleep, and cherish Kirby with everything you have.

Addio, amori miei; A presto.

---Arii🥰