Megami Saikou

The hallway was dark and cold but we walked in silence, not saying a word to each other because I was still sour from the attack and Osana's scolding.

"Hey, I am sorry for saying that to you," she said out of the blue.

This made me raise an eyebrow.

"But you are a dummy!"

A vein popped on my forehead. "Really? How I'm I the dummy?"

"You are the dummy for getting lost and for nearly getting yourself killed idiot!" she barked.

"With all due respect Osana, you left me on my own back there." I close my eyes and pinch the bridge of my nose in annoyance. "Honestly, this is the reason why I don't like your type."

"And what is that supposed to mean?"

"This attitude of yours." I open my eyes to find her glaring at me. "One second you are apologizing to me for being harsh and the next second you are calling me an idiot!"

​​​​​​​With a huff and a flustered look on her face, she pursed her lips, huffed, and looked away. "Well, it's not easy trying to say what you want to say without embarrassing yourself. You of all people should know that since you read manga."

I groaned. "Just because I read manga that has your kind in it doesn't mean I am a fan. What's the matter? Are you having a hard time talking to people or are you scared of what people might think of you?"

"What? I...I am not scared! What makes you think I am?" she squealed.

I roll my eyes.

"Besides, would you prefer a yandere over a tsundere?" she asks turning her nose up in the air.

A grim look appeared on my face. "Not in a million years."

"Well too bad you are stuck with one and that's not my problem now is it?"

"It would be your problem when I die." I note. "I am sorry to say this but you are making me change my mind about helping you."

Well, this made her freak out and she pointed at me. "Don't you dare! I didn't fight my way out of the labyrinth to watch my efforts go in vain! So keep that in mind you otaku!"

I grit my teeth at that. "Your efforts? Yeah right, and I am not an otaku."

She scoffs and looks away.

The knowledge of her kind makes me shake my head in frustration. They're pride and brash attitude are simply a cover-up for their true character. In most of the high school romance manga I have read, I find this trope annoying. This is because their love interest would either be clueless about their true intentions or fall out of love with them until they confess their feelings.

Yet, for some reason, I feel sorry for them.

"What? What are you so upset about?" she asked in her harsh tone.

I didn't reply and the mean look on her face dissolved into that of concern.

"L...look...listen, I didn't mean to make you upset but...?" then she closes her eyes and screams, "BUT YOU DESERVED IT, YOU IDIOT!"

Now it was my turn to fold my arms and shake my head at the stupidity of her words. "Tell you what, you will stop calling me an otaku for reading manga and I won't call you out for writing cringe-worthy stuff about your favorite anime boys. Deal?"

Her eyes widen and she blushes madly before turning away. "Tch! Deal!"

'I should have added the name-calling while I was at it.' I thought coughing to hide the grin on my face. "Now that we have a mutual understanding, care to tell me who killed you so we can get this over with?"