Taro Yamada

After changing my locks and keeping the spare keys with me, I went to the doctor to book an appointment.

'If I hadn't slept all day I would have come here sooner.' I thought.

"Relax. It's not your fault." the kitsune said.

Luckily, the clinic wasn't full so I was able to book the appointment on time and head to the mall. After ordering a cup of coffee, I sit at the table near the huge window facing outside the building and fiddle with my phone.

'2:30 PM. I am early. While I wait, I should take advantage of the free Wi-Fi and look up Kyuji Konagawa. I hope he isn't hard to find.'

As I push the buttons on my phone, a string of messages appeared.

'You are betraying me aren't you.'

I knew who it was and decide to ignore it.

'Beloved.'

'Don't ignore me.'

'I told you.

'It isn't over between us.'

'Lets' see, Kyuji Konagawa.' I hit the send button and waited, ignoring the string of messages.

'Don't ignore me.'

'You are pissing me off.'

'I am still your boyfriend understand?'

'Do you understand?'

'I'

'AM'

'STILL'

'YOUR'

'BOYFRIEND!'

"It says here that he works for an advertising agency for a small furniture company in the city of Tokyo." said the kitsune.

'Yeah. Should I pretend to be a customer or should I call him and go straight to the point?'

'Emma...'

I hear someone knocking on the window and look to my right.

Big mistake.

There stood Jake with red eyes covered in blood and he gave me a toothy grin.

"Uh oh. He looked mad!" the kitsune sniggered.

'What's so funny about this?' I ask.

I watched him put his forefinger in his mouth and bite hard. Just as he was about to smear blood on the glass, someone dropped something on the table.

"Sorry, I'm late. I had to finish some paperwork in the office."

I whip my head to see Taro standing beside me wearing a white suit and then look back at the window.

Jake was gone.

"Umm, is anything wrong? You look pale." Taro said getting my attention.

Still reeling from what just happened, I compose myself. "No, I am..."

Then I notice the bouquet on the table and the way he dressed.

"This is not a date Mr. Yamada," I point out with a frown on my face.

That burst his bubble for he sheepishly scratched the back of his head.

"And it's okay. A little birdie told me you were always late." I gestured to the seat in front of me. "Have a seat."

He sat with a bemused expression on his face and smiled. "It looks like I am doing another interview."

I know it is rude but I roll my eyes at his poor joke.