Blackmail

'Meet me at Black Bar in the Eastside of Town...'

I reread the message while loud music was playing in the next room but that didn't bother me.

'Who is this person? What does she want?'

I sigh and lie down on my futon.

'Have you noticed you aren't having any nightmares after you dumped Jake?'

This made me sit up. 'Yeah but...it stopped when I announced it in the school's auditorium.'

'Something is off.'

'Yes indeed,'

In school the next day, everyone was whispering as I walked through the corridor and catch Agatha smirking at me through the corner of my eye.

Math class was no different for the Teacher was giving me dirty looks while he taught the lesson. Once class was over, he told me to wait behind for a 'private' discussion.

"You wanted to see me, sir?" I ask.

The scowl he gave me refused to disappear. "What did you tell your classmates?"

"What do you mean?" I asked in confusion.

Wham!

My right cheek was burning.

"Don't try to play innocent Emma. I know what you did."

I blink hard to cool my anger. "What do you mean?"

Taking out his phone, he showed me the messages exchanged between the students on a group chat I had never seen. Squinting my eyes because of the bright light, I see the words 'seduce', 'pregnant,' and 'teacher'.

"Care to tell me why you've decided to ruin my reputation Emma?" he asked.

I narrow my eyes at him. "With all due respect sir, if you hadn't decided to seduce me in the classroom none of this would have happened."

"So you are saying this is my fault?" he bellowed.

"It sure looks like it," I reply and catch his hand before it made contact with my cheeks.

"Wha...what the..."

"I'd like to inform you sir that you are not the first man to fall for me and not the last to be rejected. I have a lot on my plate and you are just adding to my troubles with your perverted actions. We didn't do anything and I am surely not pregnant for your child! So shut the f&ck up, be professional and ignore those rumors unless..."

I let go and stare him in the eye.

"...unless this isn't your first time seducing a student."

His eyes went wild, darting from the left to the right while his bottom lip trembled. I am no expert but all these showed signs of guilt. Scoffing, I pick up my bag and walk out of the classroom in rage.

But this didn't tame the atmosphere during the next class. Lunchtime came and sitting with my friends on the bench at our usual spot, I take out my store-bought bento and start eating. No one said a word and when I try bringing up a conversation on their favorite topics, it fell flat.

"Okay, what is going on?" I ask.

Ralph ignored me clumsily eating his sandwich while Brianna avoided eye contact. Brutes looked at with scorn while Andrew? Well, he just had a confused look on his face.

The only person who was normal among us was Aubrey. "Do not look at me. I don't know why they are silent either." she chirped grabbing a morsel of food with her chopsticks.