Colleges and Dungeons

"Ugh! What are we doing here?" Stan grumbled. "Can't we just go home? I mean she is already dead so..."

I ignore him and stare at the huge building located in the middle of the Eastside of town.

'A University situated in the middle of the Gambler's Paradise? Whoever built this must be crazy!' I thought.

Stan on the other hand cringed at the building and stuck his tongue out. "You go on ahead. I will wait here."

Well, I pretend he didn't exist and read the sign on it. 'Sakou's University. The blooming Lotus in the middle of the Swamp.' I giggle. 'Oh well, let's see if I can find what I am looking for.'

I through the gates and headed to the front door where two guards wearing suits and dark sunglasses stopped me.

"Identification?" one asked.

"Umm," I search for the right words to say. "Sorry, I'm not a student."

"Then leave." said the other guard.

"But..."

Then one took out a taser and aimed it at me. "Leave ma'am or I will have to use this on you."

"But..."

"What's going on here?"

Suddenly the guards stood upright while I looked behind me. A tall grey-haired woman with stern eyes and a beaten-down face looked back at me and she looked angry.

"Who are you and what are you doing here?" she barked. "Be quick about it! I don't have all day!"

Her hostile tone and demeanor made me flinch before I answer. "I...I am a high school student. I want to use your library to..."

"The school's library is not for outsiders," she said.

"But..."

She shocked me by taking out a gun and aiming it at my head. "Listen here. I don't care who you are or what your business is but this school isn't for outsiders AND I will NOT you or anyone entering here without permission. Understand?"

I backed away and run out of the school's premises.

'Gosh! She didn't have to be that hostile!' I look back. 'It is a college for Pete's sake! Anyone can come in to use the library right?'

Stan clapped his hands the minute I met him.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Looks like they didn't let you in." he jeered walking towards me. "Too bad. Looks like you are not going to find anything on that chick."

I sigh and he kissed me!

'What the...' I push him back and wipe my mouth with the sleeve of my shirt. "What is wrong with you?"

He licked his lips in response, smiled, and tried to kiss me again but I knee him hard on the shin.

"Oww!" he yelped. "I just wanted to taste the cherries! Is that too hard to ask?"

I walk out on him and head to the bus stop.

"Where are you going?" asked the kitsune.

"Anywhere but home," I reply.

"No! You can't give up!" It cried.

"Why not! They won't let me in unless I am a student and from the scene back there, it is clear she doesn't want anyone into the school."

"That's why you have to sneak in."

I stared at it and then look back at the solid high fence lined with barbed wires on top. The icing on the cake was the guards patrolling the area.