Hotels

I did it!

I cracked the code!

'The numbers were equal to the letters on an old phone. The first number 2 stands for the letter A. The set of numbers 777, stands for the letter R if you press it three times. The set of numbers 444, stands for the letter I then 2-A, 66-N, 66-N 22-A spelling out the word and it spelled out the word 'Arianna.''

'And to think this was a number sequence.' I laugh and lay back on the bed. 'But who is Arianna?'

There was only one way to find out. Leaving the Motel for the day and buying a new flashlight at a hardware store, I sneak into the school at night.

"Still you should have called Jake. He could have solved it for you within seconds." the kitsune said as it trotted beside me.

I stop walking in the dark hallway and gave it a look that said it all.

"Hey! I did tell you he is the only person you can trust." It replied.

I ignored it and continued to walk using my flashlight to light my way.

"I know why you are avoiding him but what if you get hurt?" its ears dropped. "I can't stay with you for a long time!"

'Then why did you give me the blade?' I ask.

It said nothing as I felt a sinister presence. Turning around, I come face to face with a ghost who was not too pleased to see me. It lashed at me but I backed away and take out the Imperial Blade from my bag.

'Sorry. Not tonight.'

With that, I swipe it across its neck and watched it disappear. Then more angry ghosts appeared each with red eyes and I attack them. Some did attack me sending waves of pain through my body but I manage to vanquish them and rush to the Headmaster's office.

"Doing my work I see." the ghost said as it handed me the file.

I groan and collapse to the ground.

"Don't worry." he poured wine into his cup and sipped it. "You will feel as bright as a daisy in the morning. Trust me."

I take his word for it and open the file.

'Shoot! It says here that she is deceased but was staying at a hotel called Masturbates Hotel located at the Eastside of town.'

I shut the file and shudder at the name.

"Aren't you going to take the file with you?" it asks sitting on the Headmaster's chair.

'Why should I?'

Then it disappeared immediately when the door burst open and Caroline walked in with Stan behind her. "It seems you don't need my help do you, Emma?"

I take my time to recover from the initial shock she gave me. "What do you mean?"

She walked over to me and snatched the file from my hands.

"Hey!" I protested but she ignored me and gave it to Stan.

"Do you know this place?" she asked.

Stan smiled. "Yep."

"Good. You will take Emma there."

I saw where this was going. "No Caroline. I..."

"I don't want another failure, Emma." She glared back at me. "First you let Gwen die who was trying to help you and now you are pushing Stan away. Do you think you could survive this ordeal alone?"

I keep my mouth shut because I was tired of being reminded of the same thing over and over again. Looking at Stan who had a creepy smile on his face, I groaned.