House of Mirrors

Megami Saikou's laugh echoed through the room as I grunt in pain. "I BET YOU WEREN'T EXPECTING THAT WEREN'T YOU?"

Feeling humiliated for letting my guard down and in pain, I look up at Legos who had a sadistic smile on his face.

"Dude! What are you doing?" Mike yelled only to get the gun pointed at him.

"Look at your phone and tell me what you see," he ordered not taking his eyes off me.

Mike did that and looked back at me. "No way!"

"THE RULES ARE SIMPLE THIS TIME. THE FIRST PERSON TO KILL HER WINS THE CASH PRIZE!" she said. "AND IT LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE'S GOING TO HAVE AN EASY WIN!"

Mike was still staring at his phone in disbelief while I take out my hunting knife but a swift kick was all it took to disarm me and another kick to the face was all it took to send shock waves of pain to my face.

"Behave yourself, missy," he said pushing the gun's nozzle to my face. "You don't want to make this more painful do you?"

"Wait a minute dude! What happened to getting out of here alive?" Mike said "I thought that was our main goal!"

Legos gave a side glance and sighed. "Okay fool, I'll tell you this only once since you are stupid; I lied."

"But..."

"Three million yen is enough to make me live in a lap of luxury for the rest of my life and I don't want to risk losing it because of how naive you are. Now if you excuse me..."

"But why?"

Legos frowned. Looking behind him, I could see Mike with his head bowed and something flowing down his face creating water droplets on the wooden floor.

"Why? I thought we were pals? I thought we were going to get out of here together! I thought we were going to sit on the hill, watching the sunrise while recounting this adventure!" he finally looked at us with tears in his eyes. "I thought we were going to be heroes of this story!"

Legos grinned. "Listen fool, this is a killing game, and as lame as it is, the first thing it teaches you should is not to trust anyone. Not even your best friend and if she doesn't give me that money, she'll be high on my hit list."

"HEY, I TRIED MY BEST AND YOU'LL GET YOUR MONEY," she said.

"Good," Legos said with a smile.

Mike was horrified. "But she's..."

"I know she is the daughter of an embezzler but like I said earlier, I am doing this for the money,"

"What are you? Some kind of monster?!" Mike yelled thrashing his head in a dramatic way.

"No. I am an assassin. You should have guessed that by now from the way I am holding the gun." he replied.

At this Mike began to cry again.

Legos rolled his eyes in annoyance and stared at me. "Pathetic isn't he?"

"You do know if I die he won't survive right?" I say.

"Don't worry, I have a bullet for him too." he smiled again. "Say goodnight."

"But that's not the reason for you to kill her!" Mike was sobbing loudly. "L...let her live okay?"

But Legos ignored him and was about to pull the trigger when something black emerged through his chest.

"Wha...what the..." he dropped the gun in shock. "This...this can't..."

"It's a pity we are both liars right Legos?"