Stalking

Third POV

Pictures littered the floor, ornaments created in Emma's name, Jake sat on the chair watching Emma sleep through his laptop.

'Time sure runs slowly when I watch you sleep Beloved and I like it. I get to admire you, take note of all your features, guess what you are dreaming of...'

He sighed longingly and zoomed in on her face. Leaning closer he kissed the screen and sighed again.

'I want to kiss you. I want to hold you in my arms but you seem to be avoiding me lately. Why?'

Suddenly Emma stirred and moaned. Jake watched in horror as she tossed and turned under the sheets. Taking out his phone, he dialed her number and watched his laptop.

Emma woke up with a start and grabbed her phone but whoever it was ended the call before she could answer. Jake watched all this unfold and began to send her a series of texts.

'Are you okay?'

'You look scared.'

'Say something!'

'It seems you had a nightmare.'

'What is it about?'

'Who is it about?'

'Tell me.'

'Please!'

'Talk to me.'

Emma groaned, put the phone back on the floor, and lay on the bed. Then as someone struck by thunder, she bolted back up and sent him a text.

I am fine.

He heaved a sigh of relief.

Did you put a camera in my room?

Face red with embarrassment, he bit his bottom lip and chuckled.

'No. What makes you think that?'

She stood up and began to search the room. Jake giggled at her fruitless attempt to find the cameras he installed along with the mechanism he used to control the windows in her room and sent her another text.

'Try as you might Beloved.'

'You are not going to see anything out of the ordinary.'

She shuddered and looked around her.

'You have school tomorrow my love.'

'Get some sleep.'

'Not until you tell me where the cameras are.'

He giggled again.

'Sorry, my love.'

'I can't do that with the current circumstances you are in.'

She shuddered again.

'You don't have to worry.'

'I am always watching you.'

'Get some sleep.'

'You are going to need it.'

He watched her crawl back to the futon and smiled.

'Oh, my love. Why are you afraid of me? Can't you see I am trying to keep you safe? Is there something wrong with that?'

He leaned back on his chair and looked up at the ceiling. 'I don't think so. I don't think it is unusual. Besides, I love watching you sleep. It's one of the things I will cherish for the rest of my life.'