The Escape

'A murder took place in a classroom on the second floor in April. It was raining that day so no one heard a thing. All I could remember was people screaming and running out of the room. I ran inside the room and saw two bodies, one was holding a knife with a stab wound to its neck and the other one with multiple stab wounds to its chest.

The hypnotist had struck again. More like the curse has claimed another victim. Besides the body of the murderer were a set of numbers: 2, 777, 444, 2, 66, 66, 22. The police tried to crack the code but to no avail so they closed it as another murder-suicide. I too had tried. I tried so many times using everything math could offer but end up with a dead end. It was a clue. A clue that will haunt me forever because the deceased was my best friend and I am unable to avenge him.

But there is something off about this school. Something besides the murders. I have noticed objects are moving all by themselves and rumors about mirrors reflecting distorted images of themselves. The scariest was a rumor that a student with stab wounds in her chest would be in the school's computer room typing away and according to the descriptions, the student had red hair and that was it.

I am afraid of ghosts. I am afraid of the supernatural. They terrify me.

Yeah, they terrify me.'

I shut the book and stared at my notebook. '2, 777, 444, 2, 66, 66, 22. Is this a sequence or a number base? If so, in what base?'

Yawing and feeling exhausted, I put both books in my bag, turn off the lights and crawl into my futon.

'Good thing tomorrow is Friday.' I thought closing my eyes.

I open my eyes and get up from the cold floor.

'Wait, what?' I look around me. 'I am in school?'

An eerie giggle was heard at a distance forcing me to look around the familiar hallway which transformed into a blood-stained corridor. Terrified, I take a few steps back as the giggle was heard again.

"Who...whose there?" I call out.

Then a dark silhouette appeared before me holding a knife in one hand and something round in the other. It tossed the round object away and brandished the knife in its hand.

"Who...who are you?" I ask.

It gave an ear-piercing laugh and rushed at me. I flee, running down the corridors and turning around the corners until I lost sight of the creature.

Then I heard its footsteps coming towards me. Rushing into a classroom, I hide underneath the teacher's desk and wait for it to leave.

"Where are you little bitch!"

Its footsteps echoed through the classroom.

"Did you think you could steal him away from me? I know your secrets."

My heart was beating fast.

"I know what you did last summer."

I heard something move and realize it was the teacher's table. Frightened and out of options, I move along with it until it was shifted from its original position.

"Come out and let's talk about it hmm?"

I stay put until I hear the door shut and emerge from my hiding place.

'I have to get to the school's exit.' I run out of the room and through the halls. 'If it catches me, I am as good as dead!'

With that in mind, I run, hide and cower until I get to the exit but the minute I get to where the shoe lockers were, I hear a giggle behind me.