Reunion?

Home.

It's the first place we know.

The first place we run when things are terrible.

The first place we find shelter.

Our haven.

Well...that's what it's called that until things go array.

"So, you are saying your mom sent you to give out leftovers to all the tenants in this motel and you obeyed without knowing what's inside it?"

The boy nodded and winced when the cotton soaked in antiseptic touched the injury on his skin.

"Sorry." I give it a slight dab. "You are lucky to be alive. That woman did a lot of damage to you. Who is she anyway?"

"I...I don't know."

I stop and pick up a needle. "You don't know her?"

He nods. "My mom and I just moved into the motel a week ago. She never let me inside the kitchen or goes outside to meet the other tenants."

"But you go to school don't you?" I ask forcing the needle into his skin.

He arched his back in pain.

"I am sorry but you have to hold still," I say. "The injury she gave you is pretty deep and this is the only method I know since there are no bandages around."

He sniffs and stops moving until I was done. After cleaning up the rest of the blood, I help him put his shirt back on and look around the room.

It was a mess. Dead bodies, someone unconscious sitting in a corner tied up, a broken bathroom door, and worse of all, disposable plates filled with pieces of human flesh littered across the room.

Yeah, I opened them.

"How many people did you give this to?" I ask.

"I don't...." the look on my face made him hang his head in shame. "Ten."

'Something is off.' I stare at him in silence and stand up. "Say, can you introduce me to your mother?"

He looks up at me in shock and hesitates so I lean closer to him and whisper. "Don't worry. I won't tell her what I had just witnessed."

"You...you promise?"

I nod.

"But...but what about them?" he asks pointing at the dead bodies.

I bite my lips in thought. "Don't worry. I will think of something. Besides, I am only popping by for a quick visit."

It was a lie and I knew it. I also knew it was a bad idea to confront someone about a heinous crime but what choice did I have?

'Maybe she can make this night interesting.'

So taking him by the hand, we walk into the darkness. Nothing was out of the ordinary except the unexpected tongue-clicking sounds we were hearing and it stopped when we turn to look for the source.

"Click."

"Click."

"Click."

"Click."

We follow a fleet of stairs leading to another hallway with different doors and stop by a door no.15 which was my room.

"What the..." Upon opening it, I see the room was clean except the dead bodies and Togo were gone.

"Is it a mistake ma'am?" he asks.

"Click."

"Click."