Caught

Time flew quickly after the incident with shorter days and longer nights but that didn't phase me.

Not even the fact that Valarie made it her life's mission to corner Jake before and after school to talk with him.

"You said you were the real deal but Emma doesn't realize that. It's a good thing I did and that's why I am better than her."

I chuckle at her words because the disinterest in Jake's face made it clear she was fighting a losing battle. Getting to the shoe lockers, I take off my shoes and open my locker to grab my school shoes.

Unfortunately, they were ripped to shreds.

'Man,' I turn to my right and see Agatha leaning on the wall with her arms folded smirking at me. Giving her a rueful look, I slam the locker shut with my shoes in hand and walked over to her.

"Still bitter about the blowup assh&le?" I ask.

"Nope," she replied still keeping that smirk.

The look on my face did not fade away. "Just so you know, no matter what you do or what you say will change my mind."

She laughed scornfully. "I don't need you to change your mind. I need you to suffer as much as I have suffered."

Now it was my turn to laugh as I showed her the shoes. "And you call this suffering?"

"It is in my opinion." she turned her back on me and walked off. "Have fun walking barefooted."

The smirk in her voice made me wish that I had killed her when I had the chance but I smile instead and head to the storage room.

"She did it again didn't she?" asked the kitsune.

I nod and watched the shoes transform back to their normal size.

"That should do it." It said. "I will advise you to drop your shoes here in case she tries something again."

I thank it and walk out of the room wearing brand-new school shoes. On my way to class, I hear a commotion in one of the rooms and stopped at the entrance to see boys lined up behind a desk where the new student; a red-haired girl wearing glasses was typing away on her laptop.

'Wow. New yet she's established business in that room.'

'I'll say. Just look at that money.'

Yep. All the boys who lined up had money in their hands and the box sitting on the table next to the laptop was bulging with it. The girl adjusted her glasses, looked up at me, and waved.

I wave back and continue on my way. "She seems nice but what is she selling?"

Getting to my desk in the classroom, I frown at my desk for they had abusive words written on it with permanent marker. Taking out a magazine from my bag, I placed it on top of the desk and wait for the teacher to arrive.

Unfortunately, it was the Math teacher and he gave us our test sheets before he started the lesson.

"I have to admit that some of you did very well during the test." he stopped by my desk, eyed my 'decoration', and sighed. "And some of you did poorly."

Slamming the script on my desk, I take a look at it and was shocked. '33%?'

"Umm, sir?" I call out raising my hand.

He turned. "Yes?"

"Can I see you after class regarding my test scores?" I ask.

Some of the students whispered amongst themselves while something sparkled in his eyes. "Of course. Emma-chan."