ღ 23 ღ

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE

Jungkook's POV

Present time

The room was a deafening silence. I went through the papers again, sighing deeply, and I put them in the file. I made up my mind. I realized what I wanted from my life. And happiness was the priority.

I'd spent two years in grief. I went through many steps; from blaming myself for not being enough for Aera, getting upset, fearing she'd leave, and finally accepting the fact she doesn't love me anymore. That was the end of our relationship. Nothing could get better anymore. The damage happened, and it was huge to get over with.

An aggressive breath p[assed through my nostrils when I remembered the night again. How did Aera cheat on me? With her costar who is now her boyfriend.

That night I was too fragile to confront her about it. My heart was broken into many pieces, and I didn't get the opportunity to confront her about the affair.

Aera drew more distance from me, and I stopped questioning her about anything. A week later in the night, I tried to confront her about it, and she admitted to be make the mistake. She pleaded to me, for my forgiveness, and filled me with empty promises again.

Aera said she'll change. She will not contact Yoongi ever again. That was a one-time mistake that will never happen again. All empty promises.

I clenched the glass too tightly I feared it'd break in my palm. I stared out the window; the night sky looked pretty, and the moon shone brighter than any other night. Jasmine's favorite type of sky.

That girl was addicted to the sky that she took a picture of the sky whenever that pleased her. Just a mere thought of the girl filled my chest with warmth. My lips curled up as I thought about her. Jasmine...

I didn't know if I could do it without her. After the scene with Aera, I was broken and lost my way. Until she came. Jasmine was my secretary only... Yet she always took care of me, taking a note if I ate, and asking me all the time if something bothered me. She was so gentle with me since day one. And gradually I was pulled into her.

She provided me with the love, the warmth I missed for two years. Spending time with Jasmine made me realize that how many things I had missed in my previous relationship. Aera never did such things for me. She cared about my money from the start. And I was a fool to understand that.

I heard footsteps coming near me. I embraced the courage and whatever thing was coming on my way and turned around.

Aera stood at the door of my office. Her hands were crossed over her chest, her face was void of any emotions.

"You called me?" She said irritation could be felt in her tone.

I nodded. "Please, take a seat."

Aera gasped. "You have the entire house to talk about, and you choose your depressing and suffocating office? You are tasteless." She scoffed.