ღ 16 ღ

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Jasmine's pov

    "Dude... It's not worth fighting for her. What does she have to offer you?" Yeonjun wiped the blood from his face, looking at Jungkook with the same determination. But, he only fueled Jungkook's anger. His next move took my breath away.  

   Jungkook pinned Yeonjun against the wall nearby. He wrapped his left hand around Yeonjun's throat before he began punching and kicking him. I screamed out of fear. What if he hurt Yeonjun for real? Jungkook wasn't thinking straight. I didn't want him to get into trouble. 

   Yeonjun tried to hit him back, but Jungkook's grip was firm. Yeonjun failed to dodge his punches. I looked at my friends with tear-filled eyes. "What are you doing, guys? Stop them!" 

   Dae-won nodded before rushing to the men. He pulled Jungkook with a lot of force. Yeonjun laid on the ground, blood oozing from his lips and nose. It was scaring me. Jungkook growled and swayed Dae-won's hands. "Jungkook... Buddy, calm down." Dae-won tried to calm him. 

   "How can I calm down when he insulted Jasmine?" Jungkook growled and rushed to Yeonjun. He picked the weak man by his collar and raised his fist to hit him again. But he stopped when I screamed. 

   "Jungkook... Please stop!" I yelled. Jungkook looked at me. His eyes softened to see my tears. Jungkook pushed Yeonjun. He stumbled back but balanced himself. 

   "Never dare to say anything about her." Jungkook pinned him with a glare. "I don't want you around Jasmine anymore." Jungkook huffed and walked up to me. He cupped my face and wiped my tears. 

   "Are you okay, love?" He asked me in a low voice. 

   "Take me out of here, please." I'd loathed the way my voice cracked and sounded weak. 

   Jungkook nodded, taking my hand in his big hands and walking away from the place. He opened the car door for me as I got in. He then sat in the driver's seat and drove away. 

   The ride was silent. We didn't talk. The silence was eating me up. Jungkook had many questions, and he was controlling the urge to throw them at me. I wasn't willing to tell him about Yeonjun yet, but I think I have to. 

   "Who was he?" Jungkook asked in a deep voice. He didn't look at me. His eyes focused on the road. 

   I inhaled a deep breath. "It's a long story." I looked at him. Jungkook glanced at me before averting his gaze. 

   "It doesn't matter. Long or short — I want to know everything." When he met with silence, he turned to me. "Only if you are comfortable." 

   Tears beamed in the corner of my eyes. "I want to tell you." I tried to hold back the tears. "Can you please stop the car somewhere vacant?"