ღ 21 ღ

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE 

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE 

Jasmine's POV

We had a great time in Vegas. The trip was successful.

Not only for the business but between us. Whatever confusion I had with Jungkook—they were cleared out. The moment he made love to me in his friend's house, who lived in Vegas, he told me how much he loved me. 

And that simple moment had printed in my heart forever. He loves me. 

I walked down the hallway, heading to his cabin.  Things were getting much more interesting now. Aera's been away for about two months—in New York—to finish the filming of her upcoming movie. Well, I don't give a damn about that. 

I didn't care to knock on the door and opened it. Well...that was a bad move. 

There was Taehyung in the cabin with Jungkook. They both looked up at me the moment I stepped inside. For some reason, Taehyung had a smirk on his face when he saw me there. And Jungkook... he was staring at me blankly. 

I stood there in silence. An awkward silence. 

Jungkook raised his brows. "Yes, Miss Kim?" His tone confirmed that I shouldn't have barged into the room without a knock. 

"Sir..." I trailed off because I had no reason to come over. No reason that was convenient.

Taehyung's smirk grew wider. He leaned on the table. His eyes never left me. "I see," he spoke. I could tell that he was in a playful mood. And Jungkook didn't like the tone he chose to speak. 

"You are here for something personal. I should be going." He raised from the chair. He was smirking down at his friend. Jungkook sighed. 

"I will see you tomorrow, buddy." Taehyung gave me a last glance before existing the room. 

When the door was closed behind me, a long sigh released my nose. I didn't know I was holding my breath till now. Slowly, I traveled my gaze from the door to the man in front of me. 

"Hey." 

Jungkook didn't greet me, though. He quietly walked up to me. I gulped. He looked intimidating for some reason. 

I forgot that my man was tall. Jungkook's tall figure towered over me. "Jungkook..." 

He interrupted me. Jungkook put his hand on my waist and pulled me closer to him. "What did I tell you about the workplace, doll?" 

I didn't speak. I couldn't. The way his eyes locked with mine...I forgot how to breathe. 

Jungkook sighed. He brushed my cheek with his knuckles, and I leaned on his touch. "Didn't I tell you to be cautious when we are at the workplace? I can't let it out, Jasmine. The things between us." 

I breathed. "Jungkook," I looked into his eyes. He stopped his movement on my cheek and cupped my face. "How long will this go on?" 

"What?" He clenched his brows. He didn't understand what I meant. 

"We can't sneak around always." I sighed. "Jungkook...we both know that this has to stop." Jungkook retracted his hand. "We can't keep the relationship a secret forever. And I don't suppose to be your secret, Jungkook. It's time you think of a divorce." 

Jungkook gently pushed me off him. I stared at him walking away from me. He dropped himself on the chair and sighed. He didn't look at me. 

"Jasmine, I need the information about Pearl's Company. A possible collaboration is happening, and I need every detail." He didn't look at me. He motioned me to leave. Not physically. Jungkook didn't move a muscle. But I knew it. I figured it out. 

"Yes, Sir." I bowed my head and left the room. 

What just happened? I didn't know. 

But I didn't deserve it. I couldn't sneak around every day without any security. He can't play with me. I don't want to stay his side chick. I want to be his wife. I want to be Aera. 

. . . . .

I got up again. It was half past midnight. I couldn't sleep well. Not only because of the morning incident, but I was feeling sick. 

I took the water bottle from the nightstand and chugged a large amount of water. My throat was dry. And I was feeling too hot. But it was July. I didn't suppose to feel hot. Not when the AC in the room was on. 

I rolled down from the bed and started to pace in my room. Suddenly, my throat felt a burning sensation. I ran into the washroom and knelt before the toilet. I threw up there. I gagged and fell back on the floor. My back touched the cold wall in the bathroom. After throwing it out, I felt better.

Tears beamed in the corner of my eyes. I didn't know why. It was the third time this week I threw up. I was on diet and hadn't eaten something that may occurred food poison. My heart sank to my stomach when I realized that I skipped my period this month. 

"No..." I mumbled, abruptly getting up from the floor as I strode into my room. I checked the calendar and a shaky breath released from my lips. Indeed, I skipped my periods. I was throwing up constantly. I was feeling hot. This morning, my head was spinning too much. Could that mean? 

A loud sob erupted in my throat and gradually left my mouth. Jungkook wasn't ready to give us a name...leaving his wife and moving on. And if I was...

He would hate me. 

Jungkook would hate me.