ღ 11 ღ

CHAPTER ELEVEN 

CHAPTER ELEVEN 

Jungkook's pov 

The business party was going smoothly. Jasmine arranged everything by herself. I couldn't be any prouder of this girl. Everything she did was perfect. Jasmine was drowning me in a beautiful sensation — a fast heartbeat, butterflies, smiling without reason and feeling content. I was feeling those sensations again. I was in love. 

I moved past the guests to the other side of the garden. I caught a glimpse of Jasmine and Aera by the pool. My lips parted, and my heart started pounding with uneasiness. I was striding toward them before I watched Jasmine falling into the pool. 

"Jasmine!" I screamed her name, running towards the pool. People gathered around the place in no time. But no one tried to help her when she was drawing. Everyone was screaming, watching, even recording the scene — but no one helped. 

"Move!" I pushed someone on my way, removed my coat, and jumped in the water. Jasmine was struggling to move her arms or legs. She almost fainted and drowned further. I pushed the water and reached her. Fastening my arms around her waist and under her knees, I pulled her nearly unconscious body to my chest. 

"Jasmine..." I breathed out. Her eyes closed, and low breathing came from her parted lips. She tried to hold me. I swam back to the ground, laid Jasmine on the surface, and pumped her belly. Jasmine started coughing; the water came from her mouth. 

"Come on. Wake up, Jasmine." I chanted while pumping her belly. After a while, Jasmine opened her eyes slowly. She looked at me with her dull eyes. My chest became heavy to see her helpless state. I put my hand on her back and helped her sit down. 

"Are you okay?" I mumbled. Jasmine looked at me and nodded. I released a shaky breath. My hands instinctively came up to her face, cupping her cheeks in my warm palm — I stared into her eyes. My eyes were burning with tears. Jasmine parted her lips to say something, but no words came out. She felt heavy under my arms, probably exhausted from the event. 

"Let's get inside." I covered her upper body with my coat, picked her up in bridal style, and walked into the mansion. I stopped and stared at the guard, "Don't let anyone in." I firmly stated and walked inside. 

I was about to put her on the bed, but Jasmine protested. "I am drenched." She mumbled in a low voice. I didn't get her words at first. 

"Huh?" I looked at her. She pointed at her dress; I realized she was drenched and cold too. I smiled and put her on the bed. "Un- no. You are not destroying my bed, love. Don't worry about anything. You need rest." I went to my walk-in closet. I pulled out a hoodie and shorts from my cupboard. 

"I hope you don't mind wearing my clothes, buttercup." I smiled, putting the clothes on the bed. Jasmine stared at me, watching my every step but didn't say anything. I brought a towel and dried her face, hands, and hair. Jasmine sat on the bed — silence engulfed the walls. I gently dabbed the towel on her face. 

"May I?" I asked, holding the bottom of her dress. Jasmine nodded her head. I looked into her eyes, searching for confirmation. Her eyes were blank, void of any emotions. I didn't know what she was thinking at the moment. But I had to take care of her. 

My hand went on her back; I pulled the zipper down. My eyes were stuck on her brown orbs as I pushed the dress higher and took it off her body. Jasmine didn't flinch — as she comfortable enough to let me see her naked? But I didn't want that to happen — not at that moment. 

I kept my eyes on her face as I unclipped her bra. I pulled the straps down on her shoulder. Jasmine held my wrist, stopping me in the middle. "What happened?" I breathed. Jasmine shook her head. 

"Why are you not watching me?" She inquired, her brows clenched together. I moved back, lifting my eyebrow. 

"What do you mean?" I tilted my head, furrowing my brows. 

"Am I not attractive?" Jasmine whispered. Her eyes swirled with emotions that I didn't understand. I remained silent and frozen in my spot. Jasmine leaned in, her lips quivering. "Why are you not looking at me? Because I am not your wife?" 

I released a long breath I didn't know I was holding. My eyes softened. I leaned forward, cupping Jasmine's jaw. "Jasmine.." I rasped, "Where did you get the idea? I am not looking at you because this is not an appropriate time. Otherwise, I would've jumped on you like a hungry predator and made love to you till the morning." 

Jasmine's cheeks flushed red; her eyes gleamed with new emotions. I caressed her cheek with my thumb. "I promise you, Jasmine, you're elegant — there's nothing about you that doesn't turn me on. But right now, I want to protect you. I want to keep you safe and happy and give you the world. Don't overthink, and let me take care of you, buttercup." 

I removed her undergarments while keeping my eyes on her. My lips curled up in a small smile. I gave her the towel to dry herself. She slowly dabbed the towel on her body and dried the water. Then, I put on the hoodie I picked up for her. The white hoodie reached her mid-thigh, and she looked cute in my oversized hoodie. 

"Now, take some rest. I'll bring you some warm beverages." I got up from the bed and headed to the door. I halted and turned around when I heard Jasmine's weak voice. 

"I am sorry, Jungkook." Jasmine looked down, fiddling with her fingers. Her lips were quivering, her shoulders slumped, and a long breath came out of her mouth. 

I immediately ran to her, wrapping my arms around her body and pulling her into my chest. "Why are you apologizing?"I asked. I sensed Jasmine was shaking in my embrace. I rubbed her back to soothe her. "Tell me, love, what's bothering you?" 

Jasmine was shaking constantly, her hands clutching my shirt. "I am sorry, Jungkook." She wept. "I ruined the only chance you could work out your marriage." 

I jerked. Working out my marriage? What was she talking about? I pulled her back from the embrace, lifted her head, and made her look at me. "I don't understand. What are you talking about?" 

Jasmine huffed, averting her gaze. "I know that you are upset with the falling marriage. I don't know the reason behind it. I am sure that you'd want the marriage to work out. And —" she trailed off. Her eyes glossed up again. "I ruined that one chance," Jasmine cried. 

I parted my lips to speak but halted. Jasmine rubbed her face aggressively. "Aera saw us behind the pool." She wiped her eyes and looked at me. "Now she will torture you, just like the other night. I am responsible for this." 

I sighed. "You are misunderstanding. I don't want to work out the marriage. I never had the intention to do it." I took a deep breath. "I lost every hope of the marriage a long ago. The truth is, I don't love Aera anymore. I am out of the phase for a long ago. I am still with her because of my parents, our reputation, and the old habit." I bit my lip, turning away to hide my tears. "It's hard to let go of the memories you've created over 16 years. I am over Aera. But I'm used to her since I was 14 years old. And no matter how much I try, I get overwhelmed when she acts like the 14 years old Aera. That girl I met and fell in love with. But the reminder of her deeds stops me, erases any feeling from my heart, and drives me back to reality." 

I cupped her face. "And my reality is this, Jasmine. My reality is you. Where I'm a successful businessman, grew up, and have a strong mentality. I'm no longer a teenage boy who swims in his overwhelming emotions. I have you who keep me sane, but at the same time, you drive me insane. I'm getting used to you, Jasmine. Please don't leave me." I rested my forehead on her. Our eyes streamed with tears. "Don't leave me now that I found a reason to be happy again. I'm nothing without you." 

"Jungkook..." Jasmine breathed out. "I'm here. I am not going anywhere. I promise." She pulled me closer, hugging me and resting her head on my shoulder. We cried our heart out, letting go of all the pain through our tears.