ღ 05 ღ

CHAPTER FIVE 

CHAPTER FIVE 

It was Wednesday. I was back in Jeon's company as CEO Jungkook's secretary. But something has changed. Jungkook was franker with me. I would address him as 'Sir' in the office; outside, we were calling each other by our names. 

Right now, I was in his cabin, making out against the wall. Jungkook called me in his cabin when I was working. As I stepped inside, he pinned me against the wall. His eyes were dark in rage. I gulped and stared into his eyes. When I opened my mouth, he stopped me by smashing his lips on mine. That's how the make-out began. 

I pushed Jungkook gently and breathed. He didn't move from his spot. His hands were still resting on my hips; my hands were circling his neck. I sighed deeply. "What happened?" 

Jungkook inhaled a sharp breath. He pulled back and walked towards his desk. I smoothened my dress and followed him. 

"Jungkook, I believe I asked you something." 

"Aera called me," he said nonchalantly. A snicker left my mouth. I put my hand on his shoulder. Jungkook turned around to face me. "She accused me of nothing." 

I raised my eyebrow in pure shock. "What do you mean?" 

Jungkook shrugged and sat down on the chair. "It's a daily thing. She believes that her success and popularity are shadowed by me." 

I sighed deeply. "This is not making sense." 

"It makes sense for her." Jungkook tapped his thigh, motioning me to sit on his lap. I sat on his lap and caressed his cheek. "She met an old friend. The friend told her that she is lucky to have me. Having a handsome and successful businessman is about luck." 

"And that hurt her ego, isn't it?" I asked. Jungkook nodded his head. I smiled to ease his mood. "But you have to know that you are not at fault. It's not in your hand if someone speaks the truth. Your wife doesn't value you. Which is a shame." 

Jungkook looked at me, his eyes softened. "Do you think that?" 

I nodded my head. "I believe that. If I had a husband like you, I would have bragged about it all of the time." 

Jungkook's lips twitched up in a smirk. His thumb ran on my back and rested on my hip. He slowly stroked my waist. "And what if I was your husband?" 

The sudden change in his voice startled me. I gulped and then looked at him. "But that is not happening." 

Jungkook's shoulder slumped with my reply. He leaned on the chair as I laid my head on his chest. No one exchanged another word, as we both sought comfort in our embrace. 

.....

I was printing out the upcoming schedule when I felt a hand on the small of my back. I flinched at first, then turned around with a sigh. Jungkook smiled at me. I smiled back, relaxed that it was just him.