ღ 12 ღ

CHAPTER TWELVE 

Jungkook's pov 

Jasmine fell asleep after the conversation. I closed the bedroom door and left. She needed the rest. And I had to get back to the party. I descended the stairs and reached the living room, where Aera was waiting for me. I saw it coming. Aera saw it all: I saved Jasmine, got her in the house in front of everyone, and skipped the party for quite a while

Aera crossed her arms; her eyes cast a sideways glance at me. I sighed and walked towards her. 

"Do you have an explanation for tonight?" Aera snorted. Her eyes bored into my soul. 

"What explanation do you want from me?" I frowned and furrowed my brows. I took another step and stood in front of her, "Or should I be the one demanding an explanation?"

Aera's face contorted for a few seconds, a shadow passing over her features. She swallowed and looked down at the floor. The corners of my lips twitched upward. "You think I did not see what you did there?" I crossed my arms and towered over her body

Aera sighed and looked up, and our eyes met. "I do not know what you are talking about?" She said boldly. Her gaze remained cold and determined. But this time nothing would make me melt

"Okay." I tilted my head. Aera's brows drew together. She was probably surprised by my change in demeanor. I had always been gentle with her. Never in our sixteen years had I raised my voice at her. But not now - not when she tried to hurt Jasmine. "You know I was there, too. I was behind you - I saw you push her into the water."

"You are talking crazy." Aera raised her voice, but I immediately silenced her

"No. You are not yelling tonight." I glared at her. I raised my hand and put it on her jaw to apply some pressure. "Jasmine is in the room sleeping. I do not want to be disturbed here."

Aera yanked my hand away and looked at me urgently. "I do not care if she's sleeping. I want you to know that you made a big mistake." Aera pointed her index finger at me. "I was humiliated in front of the guests, and it's all thanks to you." She sighed and rubbed her hands on her face before looking me in the eye. "You know what everyone is talking about? - They are whispering about you and your secretary."

"I do not care." I snarled back. Aera rolled her eyes. And her attitude was getting on my nerves. "I did what a human should do. Everyone watched a girl drown in the water, screaming for help. But no one tried to help her." I pointed my index finger at her. "As a human being, it was my duty to save a helpless person. Besides, she is my secretary, and I am responsible for her."

Aera snorted. "How can she be your responsibility?" Aera heaved a long sigh. "I guess my friends were right."

"What did your friends say? What poison did they give you this time?" I arched a brow. It wasn't new to me. Aera was out with her friends and coming back with new problems. "I want to know what's brewing in your head?"

"My friends are my true benefactors. Unlike you - an ungrateful bastard." Aera scoffed. "You were watching the girl in the evening. It seemed that Jasmine was the mistress of the house. I was her secretary."

"Pfft... Do you realize who's to blame?" I shook my head. A laugh escaped my body and left my pursed lips. "Your friends did not imagine Jasmine as a lover, they misinterpreted it." I took a step back. My eyes narrowed on the woman in front of me. "Jasmine took care of the guests and arranged everything herself. And you sat in a corner spreading rumors about your husband."

Aera stared at me; she opened her mouth but closed it again a moment later. So I continued. "Even some of my guests thought Jasmine was my wife. Because you were not in the scene."

"Jasmine did not let me be there." Aera rushed out. I shook my head. 

"She did not take your place, Aera. You gave it to her." I sighed. "I have had business parties like this before; you never attended except to enjoy the party and invite your friends." I was running out of patience; irritation wrapped around me like a cloak. "I do not want to keep arguing about it. Just one thing..." I grabbed her jaw again and squeezed. "You are going to apologize to Jasmine for hurting her. I will not take no for an answer."

"Who is Jasmine to you?" Aera stammered and managed to say these words

I let go of her jaw, and she immediately pressed it against her to ease the pain. "None of your business." I scoffed and walked away.