ღ 01 ღ

CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

I wanted to be an idol, and if not, a baker. I began to bake when I was nine years old. My grandmother, who owned a bakery in Busan, taught me baking. I molded a new dream from there. After my graduation, I wanted to start my bakery. But my parents didn't support my plans. My father told me to find a reliable job. So I ended up at Jeon's company as a personal assistant of the CEO Jungkook. I had been there for three months. My dream of becoming a baker started to fade away from my heart.

I walked past the cabins and stopped at the end of the hallway. It was a usual afternoon when I was checking the emails for Mr. Jeon. I came across a specific email and read it thoroughly. I thought it was important and I had to tell Mr. Jeon about it. So I came to his cabin.

I knocked on the door and waited outside. When I heard a faint 'come in' from the room, I sighed and opened the door. I scanned the room once and found Mr. Jeon on his chair. I took small steps and walked into the room.

"Sir?" I called him softly. He didn't look at me but hummed in response. "There's an email from Mrs. Jeon," I announced. I saw that Jungkook stopped working and looked at me with wide eyes.

"An email from whom?" He asked perplexed. I gulped and fiddled with my fingers.

"From Mrs. Jeon."

"What about it?" He asked in a cold voice.

"She asked you to be at home by seven. Your in-laws will be at home."

Jungkook sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. With a shake of his head, he looked up at me. "Okay. Thank you, Ms. Kim." He said casually.

I bowed and turned on my heels, about to leave the room, but he called me. "Ms. Kim, please bring the file for today's meeting."

"Okay, Sir." I left the room. Walking down the hallway, I was thinking about Jungkook's response. He never talked about his family or his wife. And I never saw her in the building too.

In my previous job, where I lasted five months, my boss used to be giddy without his wife. His wife came to the office more often. I thought that was normal only.

When I was offered the job in Jeon's company, I left my previous job. I was searching for a higher position and a steady income. And Jeon's business provided me with everything I needed.

Mr. Jeon is a mild and modest individual. He always treats me nicely. But when it comes to his family, he is quite evasive. All I know about him is that he is married and has a wife. I, however, never saw her. And which woman informs her husband through email that his in-laws have arrived?

I shrugged and picked up the file. As I turned around, I bumped into a hard chest. I flinched and bowed immediately. "I'm sorry," I mumbled. Then I heard a laugh.

"It's okay, Jas!" Taehyung said. He put his hand on my shoulder in assurance. "You seem to be lost in something. What's up?"

I sighed. Taehyung is my friend. I know him for three months. I met Taehyung on the very first day in Seoul. I was lost and was getting giddy when there was no cab. Taehyung was kind enough to offer me a ride to my apartment, and he also gave me his number in case I need help. I knew Taehyung since then. But I didn't know that Taehyung is my boss, Jungkook's best friend. He comes into the office more often. Sometimes he meets me too.