The Aftermath

"So, did everyone do alright?" Peso asked his crew sweetly, "Anyone hurt?" No on could resist grinning. He may have been the Captain, but he still couldn't get rid of his medic's compulsions.

"Aye," Calico Jack answered for the tired and rather fed-up crew, "Ye has a mighty fine crew here, Captain." He winked at Peso as everyone else cringed at the old pirate's lie.

"Y-yes, I know!" Peso beamed back as everyone attempted not to roll their eyes, knowing full well that he was lying to spare their feelings.

"We did... better than I expected." Barnacles reported, looking around as everyone consented in one way or another.

"I mean, the Octopod's still standing." Tweak agreed.

"And we're all still alive." Dashi added.

"Will I need to make any repairs?" Tweak looked around the room, glaring at Kwazii and Shellington in particular.

"Err," Professor Inkling uttered, rubbing the back of his head with a tentacle and wincing, "It appears that I may be the guilty one at the moment."

"What happened, Professor?" Tweak questioned in a dangerous tone as everyone else tried to put as much distance between the irate mechanic and themselves as possible.

"Er, I may have gotten a screwdriver stuck in the other side of the hammer." Inkling answered sheepishly as Tweak facepalmed and turned to her apprentice, who'd been tasked with babysitting Inkling for that day.

"Jane, baby, how many things did he break?"

"I don't know." Jane shrugged, "I left after he snapped the last drill bit." Tweak swore much to the former Captain's chagrin as he rushed to cover his little ones' ears.

"I've got a lot of work to do." Tweak muttered as she rubbed her temples, "Jane, you know how to fix most of this, right."

Her apprentice shrugged.

"Alright, can you attach the hammer back onto its handle for me?"

"OK." Jane answered brightly.

"That's my girl." Tweak beamed. At least she wouldn't be fixing all of her tools by herself, and as long as Pinto didn't enter the Launch Bay in the next ten minutes, it would all be OK.
—————————————————————
"FIVE!" Everyone shouted in anticipation as the thin, red hand on the clock moved closer and closer to the twelve hand, "FOUR, THREE, TWO, ONE..."

"Happy New Year!" Kwazii yelled jokingly while everyone else was too relieved to even notice his stunningly horrific joke.

"Oh, it's over. Thank goodness!" Peso laughed as he took the overly large Captain's hat off of his head and handed it back to the proper Captain.

"And now it's time to assess the damage done to the lab!" Shellington exclaimed with mock-enthusiasm and marched out of the Game Pod. He was not looking forward to his second cleaning spree in a week one little bit. All the Octonauts muttered their agreement as they too ran off to inspect the destruction done to their work stations which likely were manned by someone they did not trust (ahem, Kwazii)
—————————————————————

"Captain!" Professor Inkling gaped at the wall of books in front of him, all of them organized and in near-pristine condition, "How on Earth?"

"You've been saying that you wish you had time to organize your books, so I did it for you." Barnacles smiled kindly.

"But, why?" The Professor begged to know.

"Because you've done so many things for us. I only intended to do something good for you." Inkling's heart filled with gratitude.

"And I thank you for it, Captain."