Before You Know It

"Wait," Pinto turned the tablet towards Koshi, "oh my goodness. Tweak, what did Kwazii do to you?"

"Whaddya mean?" Tweak tried to sound as innocent as possible.

"You told him, 'If I eat carrots like a pig, than you eat like the whole damn farm." Everyone winced but held back their laughter; however mean it was, it wasn't exactly false. Well, everyone except Kwazii that is. The orange pirate cat, who was looking very grumpy at the moment only sulked,

"You're mean." was all he said for once.

"How about we move on to the next person." The Captain suggested, trying to spare both the sanity of the group and Kwazii's feelings.

"Agreed." Professor Inkling sighed as Squirt took the tablet from Pinto, "So who was the second person?"

"Dashi, no surprise." Koshi piped up as she read off the tablet.

"What does it say?" Squirt asked, peering over his Octo-adopted older sister's shoulders.

"Oh um, Dashi told Tweak, 'I've found a program that may work, but it'll take a while to put in, and its getting late. I'll put it in sometime tomorrow. Goodnight, Tweaky. I love you.'

"Aww," Peso beamed at Dashi, "That's such a sweet thing to say. What did Tweak say back?"

"Oh, she said, 'Great, Dashi! Sleep well, girlie. I love you too.'" Koshi replied, perusing the tablet once again, "I think we have some more questions."

"For who?" Dashi asked, glancing at the tablet.

"For everyone, but mostly the Captain and Kwazii."

"Can I see, baby?" Tweak asked as she leaned over Koshi's shoulder and read off the questions.

"From @JustOneToughCookie, Captain Barnacles: What is the cutest thing about every Octonaut?" The Captain looked thoughtful for a while before speaking.

"I would say the cutest thing about Kwazii is the way he acts when someone scratches him behind the ears. He purrs so much, and he's so happy and cuddly, he's adorable. For Peso, I would have to say his kindness and pure loving care for everyone he meets. A blush bloomed in the little penguin's cheek as he hid his face in the Captain's shoulder and mumbled under his breath.

"What's that, my sweet boy?" The Captain asked patiently and softly.

"I love you Captain. Thank you." The Captain smiled, overcome with sweetness,

"I love you too, my darling boy."

"What about Shellington?" Squirt's voice startled the Captain, whose head quickly shot up.

"Oh, I would say for Shellington, it would definitely be his enthusiasm for science." the Captain chuckled, remembering incident after incident where Shellington's excitement over a creature had gotten him into some sort of trouble. He gets so excited over science and would practically leap out of his skin If I were to introduce him to a rare species."

"And Dashi?" Tweak prompted the Captain, smiling.

The Captain smiled knowingly, "Ah, yes. Dashi is the absolute sweetest thing on the face of the Earth whenever I call her a 'good girl' and her tail wags like crazy."

Dashi blushed bright red, "My tail does not wag." Everyone exchanged knowing looks. They believed Dashi. Every single word.

"What about the Professor?" Shellington asked, finding it difficult to think of his mentor as, 'cute'. The Captain seemed to feel the same way.

"Oh, er, I would say something I ADMIRE in the Professor is his compassion and understanding of each and every one of us." The Professor beamed at the praise.

"Last but not least..." Kwazii began.

"Tweaky!" Dashi exclaimed happily, throwing her arms around her best friend., who laughed and gave her a loving squeeze. The Captain smiled at the sweet scene and continued to talk.

"The most adorable thing about Tweak is the way she denies being soft, and continues trying to claim she's a tough girl."

"I am NOT soft." Tweak protested, but she was smiling. The Captain smiled knowingly but didn't push it any further, remembering vividly the uncomfortable position Tweak had been forced into this morning when Kwazii had fallen asleep on her lap and she didn't have the heart to wake him."

"Oh, they have two more." Squirt pointed out, but the Captain shook his head, "I believe we'll be needing a break for a while. We'll come back to those questions as soon as we can, my boy, I promise."