Mi Familia

"I'm done with this guy for the day." Tweak flopped onto a beanbag with a sigh and covered her face with her arm. It was currently late afternoon on the Octopod with the last remaining dregs of daylight on the verge of seeping into the ocean, and the Octopod's Game Pod was empty except for Tweak and Dashi. 

"He's that bad, huh?" Dashi murmured sympathetically, but simultaneously trying not to giggle.

"Yep," Tweak groaned, rubbing her face, "I'm not paid enough to deal with him."

"What did he do this time?" Dashi asked, leaning over so she could cuddle Tweak.

"Remember I took the Gup-B's engine out for repairs?" 

"Yep." Oh, Dashi remembered this incident, alright.

"So this idiot tried to take the Gup-B out while I was fixing the engine. I have no idea what goes on in that insultingly tiny brain of his, but I left the room for three seconds to ask the Captain to order a new shipment of screws, and when I came back, Kwazii was pushing the Gup-B all around the Launch Bay making "vroom, vroom" noises."

Dashi stifled a laugh, oh Kwazii was golden, minus when he destroyed stuff, of course. 

"Anyways, anything else?" She asked curiously.

"Yeah, the tablet's beeping." Tweak answered vaguely, giving a little nod in the direction of the flashing tablet which was indeed beeping. 

"Huh, I wonder who it's for." Dashi said with mild interest as Tweak picked up the tablet.

"Dunno, but please don't make me kiss Kwazii ever again." Tweak shivered at the thought of the dare that will never leave the room where it happened. No one else was in the room where it happened anyways.

"OK, first of all, we should probably call everyone." Dashi giggled as she picked up her Octo-Watch. 

Tweak chuckled; she couldn't exactly deny her friend's plan was good, "Agreed."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In five minutes' time, the whole Octo-Family had gathered in the Game Pod and were wondering why the heck they were there instead of eating dinner, so Dashi and Tweak explained the blinking I-Pad. 

"So who's gonna be tortured, I mean questioned, now?" Kwazii quickly amended as everyone smiled slightly. The fans had been hilariously cruel to him, but it was all in good fun and just another ordinary Tuesday. 

Dashi's eyes quickly darted back to the tablet, "Peso." She answered.

"What is it?" Peso asked curiously, scooting over to her and laying his head against her shoulder.

"Oh, it's from @Uniquedoll602, and it says, Peso: Does the Madrigal family remind you of your family? What are some of your relatives like? U don't talk about them much."

"Which family?" Peso asked, "I have a family here in this room with me and back home in Antarctica and Chile and all around the world."

Dashi shrugged, "You could do one or the other, both if you want."

"I'll- I'll do both." Peso decided sweetly.

"My biological family does remind me of the Madrigals in a way. We're Hispanic, and just as crazy as the Madrigal family are." Peso added, giggling, "My Octopod family is definitely crazy enough."

"And cue Kwazii running around thinking he can sing." Tweak mumbled under her breath as everyone giggled. 

"But everyone in my Octo-Family has a special power that makes them extra special." Peso finished.

"You do as well, my sweet boy." The Captain told Peso fondly and gave his "son" a little kiss on the head, "So what about your relatives?"

"My brother Pogo is the best big brother in the world." Peso beamed, "He used to give me piggyback rides all around the house when we were younger, and he was so gentle with Pinto when he hatched. My aunt Pepita, who gave me my xylophone, has no children of her own at the moment, but she dotes over us, and my abuela is the sweetest abuela in the whole wide world. She loves all her grandchildren with all her heart and she always comes with our favorites sweet treats."

"Ah, why am I surprised." Tweak winked at her friend, "These people have got to be saints to produce such a precious little sugar puff of a penguin."

"Aye matey." Kwazii snuggled into Peso, "these people managed to produce a lad as good-hearted as you. That be feat worthy of me grandad himself!" Peso hugged both of them as tightly as he could and both of them hugged him back, determined to never let the little bundle of sweetness in their arms go for as long as they lived.