Song of the Sea

The Captain turned the tablet over and over again in his paws, waiting for a certain scientist otter to arrive.

"Whera Shellydo?" Around 10 Vegimals
waddled up to the Captain and wrapped their tiny flippers around his legs.

"Any minute now, darlings." He responded tenderly as if on cue, a lanky brown figure ran into the room and promptly proceeded to trip and fall flat on its face.

"Shellington!" Peso cried in alarm and ran to check on his friend as all the Vegimals hopped to their surrogate father's side and began to give him kisses.

"It's all right, I'm OK. Captain, sorry I'm late, you can continue with the questions now."

"Alright, Shellington." The Captain began to lift the tablet but immediately put it back down and looked at Shellington with kind eyes, "Shellington, are you sure you don't need anything like an ice pack?"

"Oh, no Captain." The otter tried to lessen his second father's fears as Peso pulled a roll of bandages out of his medical bag and began to bandage Shellington's leg, "I'm all right."

"Alright," the Captain continued to read, "From @Mia156030, I dare Peso to sing a song in Spanish like Selena or smth and someone else to try singing the same song in Spanish."

"Selena is amazing." Peso said unexpectedly, "May she rest in peace for all eternity." Everyone nodded in agreement as Peso went on.

"I've already sung "Dos Oruguitas" and I haven't really taught you any other Spanish songs." Peso mused, "I think I'll try something a bit easier." He decided brightly.

"What other song do you know, matey?" Kwazii asked as everyone else groaned and moved their paws, flippers, tentacles, etc. a little closer to their ears, praying for Kwazii not to start singing.

"Here, let me teach you." Peso offered sweetly and began to sing a soft, sweet little lullaby, "Nana nanita, nana nanita, nana nanita ea, mi niño tiene sueño, benito sea, benito sea."

"That's the song Pogo used to sing to us!" Pinto leaped out of his seat in excitement as he recognized the song.

"I know, sweetest." Peso waddled over to his brother to give him a kiss on the head and a little beak nuzzle and settled him in his lap, "Do you still remember how it goes?"

Pinto smiled cheekily, "That's just lazy; I already know Spanish."

Peso chuckled at his baby brother, "Alright then, who do you want to sing?" Pinto looked deviously towards a certain pirate cat.

"WHAT?!" Kwazii shrieked, "But matey, I-"

Pleeeeeease?" Pinto gave Kwazii the sweetest look his little face could muster.

"Alright, I'll sing it." Kwazii sighed, finally giving in and clearing his throat in preparation for singing as everyone else ducked behind their beanbag chairs and smashed cushions to their ears.

Kwazii began to sing, and even with their cautionary measures, everyone winced. The Spanish song that Kwazii sang didn't sound like "Spanish", per se. In all honesty, it sounded far more like the gibberish Kwazii runs around the Octopod screaming when he's given caffeine. But once he finished, the whole room still clapped and cheered for him and all the Vegimals waddled up to him and began jumping around his ankles, begging him for more.

"Awww," Kwazii gave all the Vegimals hugs, "Thanks, mateys."

"You did very well Kwazii." Peso beamed, "I think you have a beautiful voice!"

Kwazii wrapped an arm around Peso too, "Thanks lil matey. I love ya."

Peso hugged him back, "I love you too, Kwazii."
—————————————————————

"Alright, this next one is for..." The Captain began.

"Tweaky!" Dashi finished happily as she hugged Tweak as tight as she could. Tweak smiled, despite needing to be questioned.

"Alright, what's the question?" Tweak asked.

"From DolphinGirl123456, Tweak; where did your name come from? And the texting one for whoever you want."

"Oh, dang." Tweak winced at the second part, "Let's do that next time. And about my name. I'm not exactly sure. All I know is my Ma came up with it before I was I
born. She just told my Pa, 'Let's name her Tweak." And my Pa didn't argue, so that's how I got my name. Bit of a coincidence I became an engineer, really. Sorry, I don't know too much about my own name."

"I like your name, Tweaky." Dashi smiled and put her head in her best friend's lap. Tweak smiled and began to gently stroke her ears.

"Really? Why?" She asked, chuckling.

"Because whenever I think of it, I think of you, Tweaky, and you're the best thing that ever lived in my mind." Tweak's heart swelled to the brink of explosion.

"Awwwwww, Dashi!" She leaned down and gently nuzzled Dashi with her nose.

"You're the best thing that ever took up space in my mind too." She whispered into her best friend's hair.

"What about me?" Kwazii teased. Tweak's head snapped up.

"Oh gosh no please, have mercy."