Such A Wild Question

"Alright," the Captain gasped for air, but was still chuckling at the sight of his poor lieutenant, "moving on! Shellington!" He looked towards the awkward scientist, "Your turn!"

"Oh-Alright then Captain!" He fumbled for the scrap of paper, cleared his throat, and read.

"From @Green_Penguin2710," The poor otter then promptly proceeded to drop the scrap of paper onto the floor. With a quick apology and reddening of the cheeks, he picked the paper back off of the ground and continued to read, "You all are in front of a cloning machine that works and can choose to clone one of the member who will be completely identical except for a small '2' on their cheek to indicate they're a clone (The vegimals would all be cloned as a group) Who do you all pick to clone?" Everyone thought for a while, then finally, Tweak spoke.

"Not exactly sure. Anyone but Kwazii, if that helps!"

"Hey!" Kwazii protested, "Well in that case, I nominate anyone but Tweak." No one could deny that either of those were bad ideas, but the Captain still scolded them, 

"Be nice to each other, you two." Kwazii and Tweak immediately backed away from one another, still scowling at the other. Everyone else looked at each other awkwardly before Tunip happily jumped onto Shellington's lap, and all the Vegimals began chattering excitedly.

"Shellydo!" They squealed, "Shellydo!"

"Oh," The scientist chuckled, and tickled the Vegimals under their chins. "It seems they all want to clone me!" 

"Wuv!" Barrot squealed and raised his flippers up to Shellington.

"Really," Shellington's heart melted, and he scooped Barrot up in his arms, "I love you too." Barrot cheered and snuggled into Shellington's neck.

"Obviously, I'd pick the Vegimals." Shellington chuckled, bending down to welcome another little sprout with his open arms. Peso put his flipper to his chin, deep in thought.

"I don't know. I mean, I love everyone enough to want a second one of them, but I can't decide who I want to clone the most."

"Me neither," Dashi agreed, "I'd probably have to go with Peso though." Peso blushed adorably and stared down at his feet.

"Why though?" He asked, smiling.

"You're always so busy, I thought it'd be nice for you to have a helper, and besides, we'd have double the sweetness." The blush in Peso's cheeks deepened.

"Thank you." He mumbled, his smile growing by the nanosecond, "I'd probably pick the Captain, so he could have his load lightened a little too." The Captain said nothing, but it was obvious that he was hiding a big bright smile.

"My personal preference for this hypothetical clone would be Shellington!" The professor chimed in and all the kids, Kwazii, and Tweak exchanged knowing looks. They all knew Shellington was the professor's favorite, so it was no surprise.

"What about you, Captain?" Peso asked curiously.

"Well Peso, I value every member of my crew the same, so I wouldn't be able to decide, and you're all so precious to me, choosing would be impossible, so I choose none of you, because I like having one, unique copy of each of you." The Captain responded tenderly.

"Aww," Dashi smiled, "We love you too, Captain."

A/N-  Sorry if your heart melted, but sorry this took so long to upload! And hope you enjoyed,