Memories of the Best

Everyone sat haphazardly on bean bag chairs and on the floor, awaiting the next part of the question.

"What else did they send, matey?" Kwazii asked, peering over Shellington's shoulder.

"Oh," he mumbled in his Scottish lilt, "From JustOneToughCookie, Kwazii: what is your favorite memory of your grandad, and (open to anyone who's seen them) What is the cutest memory of you and your grandad?"

"Me favorite memory of me grandad has to be when I was a wee kitten, whenever he'd visit, the night he'd arrive, he would make this huge treasure hunt for me, and inside of the treasure chest was always something that he'd found on one of his trips. He'd sit me in his lap and tell me all about it and how he got it. After one of these story nights, he asked me, 'Kwazii, do you know what is the most priceless treasure I have?' I didn't know, so he told me, 'it's you, Kwazii, you and your mummy.'"

"Aww," Dashi smiled, "That's so sweet of him! The cutest memory I have of these two is once when I was going to pick them up in the Octo-Ray. When I got to the island, a tiny little spider just scuttled in front of us, and the second Kwazii started screaming, Calico Jack put himself between the spider and Kwazii."

"Awwwwwww!" Everyone echoed, smiling, and Kwazii chuckled.

"Yep, me grandad's the best alright." No one could argue. Despite being a "big scary pirate", Calico Jack sure was a stellar grandfather.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tweaky's turn again!" Kwazii screeched and whooped as he narrowly dodged Tweak's fist.

"Don't. Call. Me. Tweaky. I mean it." She growled with her teeth clenched.

"Alright, fine, sorry." Kwazii mumbled, not sounding very sorry but soon brightened up, "Can I have your phone now?" Tweak thrust the phone out at him, looking very sulky.

"Who is it?" Pinto called eagerly and rushed to sit right beside one of his idols.

"My Pa." Tweak answered for Kwazii.

"What does it say?" Squirt joined Pinto right beside Kwazii. Kwazii attempted to read the texts, but gave up after 10 seconds.

"Tweak said to her father, 'Hey Pa, hope you're doing alright', and her dad sent-" Kwazii put the phone closer to his face and squinted, "Tweak? did yer dad have a stroke or something?" He asked worriedly.

"What? No! At least, I don't think so, show me." She marched over to Kwazii and snatched her phone back from him.

"Ah!" Tweak smiled knowingly, "I was trying to teach him how to text but he still doesn't have the hang of it yet." She showed the messages from her father, most of them reading something along the lines of, "HkmRqfzlnI picrbrik."

"Oh goodness." The Captain winced.

"Your father is almost as bad as uncle Inkling." Squirt added, much to Inkling's displeasure, but even he couldn't deny it. He was terrible at texting.

"At least Ranger Marsh can work the caps button." Jane snickered as the Professor put on the expression of someone who had just been roasted on live TV.

"At least Ranger Marsh knows where the keyboard thingy on the phone is." Pinto piped up as the Professor blushed bright red, and began to speak.

"The next comment I hear concerning my technological abilities shall be met with a certain disc on my gramophone." That immediately silenced all three children and they began to whisper.

"He doesn't mean-"

"No way he has it here."

"I'll get it in 5!" All three kids scattered.
There were only so many ways this could end