Long-Buried

"More questions?" The Captain asked his little one amusedly; Pinto nodded innocently.

"There are a huge number for Tweak; some of them are pretty old too." The Captain said as he scoured through all the questions.

"Please tell me none of them include kissing." Tweak grumbled, putting her head into her paws and remembering a certain dare. Vividly.

"Alright, here's one." The Captain smiled, remembering the incident himself, "From DolphinGirl123456, Tweak; what's your favorite childhood memory?

"Ooh" Tweak looked unsure, "I would have to say goin' out and helping' critters with my Pa when I was a little bunny. He'd always make me feel so special for helpin' him, and I loved meeting all the critters. That's actually how I met Sandy." 

"That's wonderful, Tweak!" Peso beamed, "Here's another one from @Uniquedoll602, well, it's two questions asking the same thing. I wonder why?"

"Either they really didn't want to answer the question," Squirt began.

"They had no idea what to do, or they have a memory that rivals Jane's and kept forgetting over and over again." Koshi finished. (A/N- It's a mix between the second and third theories)

"Woah, that's- actually pretty accurate." Jane attempted to protest, but even she had to admit it. 

"Alright, but what IS the question, dummkopf?" Pinto asked.

"Oh, it's 'Tweak; who was your biggest enemy. You can't possibly say Kwazii. I know there's surely someone else.'" Squirt read out loud over Peso's shoulder, "Wow."

"They either have never met Tweak or they know something we don't." Jane put Squirt's comment in other words. 

"They probably know something we don't." Koshi deduced, "I mean, if we were to ask anyone on the Octopod..."

"They'd say Kwazii." Pinto concluded.

"Guys, how about we let Tweak answer her own question." Dashi suggested, and all the kids fell silent at once without the threat of opera music or historical dramas, a first.

"It's Kwazii." Tweak immediately snapped as Dashi rolled her eyes and wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"Tweaky, you can tell us who it is. Don't worry; we won't laugh." She reassured Tweak and gave her a cuddle. Tweak smiled at her best friend and began talking, albeit a bit uncomfortably.

"My worst enemy was this one popular girl group in high school. I won't name any names to protect their privacy."

"And also so Dashi won't find them and rip them to pieces." Jane added. As Dashi scolded her to stop blurting things out. Tweak smiled at her little apprentice. Her sweet little humor was nice to have around at times.

"Oh, then I probably should mention their names." Tweak joked but became serious, "They- they were horrible to me. Every single day, I'd be singled out and humiliated in front of everyone cos I lived in the swamps, and they'd spread rumors about me all the time that made me look like this mean, hillbilly girl." Dashi had tears in her eyes as she hugged her best friend. Tweak's heart nearly melted at the care shown to her, and embraced her back.

"The only reason it stopped was cos I met this guy, Chet and we became friends. He'd often be the ones puttin' the bullies back in their place."

"That's wonderful. One thing, Tweaky." Dashi said, her voice muffled by Tweak's chest.

"Yeah, Dash?"

"I love you. My sisters love you. The kids love you. The crew loves you. Heck, even Kwazii loves you. We all love you so so so much, and you'll never be anything less than the most amazing, wonderful engineer and friend in the world who we're so lucky to have. Don't believe a single word any of the bullies say about you."

Tweak could have cried out of sweetness, "Oh, I love all of you as well, but Dashi,"

"Yeah," Dashi lifted her face from Tweak's chest and gave her a sweet look with her head cocked. Tweak smiled and continued on,

"Never say Kwazii loves me ever again, please. It sounds weird and horrible and disgusting." Dashi laughed.

"I won't, Tweaky, promise."